Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend marks Kasey Kahne's sixth career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Darlington Raceway. * In five starts at Darlington, Kahne has accumulated two top-five finishes and led 125 laps. *...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend marks Kasey Kahne's sixth career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Darlington Raceway.
* In five starts at Darlington, Kahne has accumulated two top-five finishes and led 125 laps.
* Kahne has accrued three poles in five starts at Darlington.
* He has completed 1,763 of 1,764 laps at the 1.36-mile oval for a lap completion rate of 99.9 percent.
* Kahne has an average start of fourth and an average finish of 12th at Darlington.
* Kahne is currently 12th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings, 50 points behind 11th.
Kasey Kahne Discusses Racing at Darlington
What are your thoughts on Darlington and how the new surface will affect the racing?
"It's always been a great race track for me. As far as one that I look forward to, Darlington is in the top five. It's something that you just look forward to. Now with the new surface, there's kind of the unknown with how it's going to be with race cars all in a pack. I've heard that it's a lot faster, a lot smoother and it's a bit different. I'm not racing the Nationwide car this week. It's just going to be the Cup series. It's going to be fun and I can't wait to qualify there. I think I've had three poles there. We'll try to go for four -- it's probably going to be a track record-type situation because of the new surface. We were always a little off because the last time they repaved it, they went super fast there. It has slowed down a lot. I think it will probably be close to the speed again, even with the COT machines."
You have to feel good with your position in the standings so far this year?
"Yeah, I think we're right there. We've had a few races that weren't so good for points, but we still were running strong. Richmond was a good momentum builder for the Budweiser team. After a few weeks of bad luck, it was nice to get a top-10 finish again. The guys are doing a great job. The team is coming together. Gillett Evernham has done a good job putting everyone back together and working hard for our goal. I think our cars are much better. We have five top 10s this year which is a lot better than this time last year, so you take that and you move forward hoping to improve every week. "
With Sunday being Mother's Day, what was the best advice that your mom ever gave you?
"That's a tough one. I'd have to say to treat people the way that you would want to be treated. I have really tried to listen to that particular piece of advice."