Juan Pablo Montoya and the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge Team Facts: * Standings: Juan Pablo Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team currently sit 21st in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings following their 26th-place finish at Richmond. Montoya...
Juan Pablo Montoya and the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge Team Facts:
* Standings: Juan Pablo Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team currently sit 21st in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings following their 26th-place finish at Richmond. Montoya is only one point out of 20th and 132 points out of 12th position -- the final transfer position for the Chase for the NEXTEL Cup.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have selected chassis #735 for this weekend's race at Darlington Raceway. The team previously ran this CoT (Car of Tomorrow) at Martinsville (16th-place finish) and Phoenix (33rd-place finish). Montoya's 16th-place effort at Martinsville is his best finish of the season in the Dodge Avenger.
* Rookie Race: Montoya leads David Ragan by three points (109-106) in the Raybestos® Rookie standings entering the May 12 Dodge Avenger 500 NEXTEL Cup race at Darlington Raceway. He, with the support of the Texaco/Havoline team, has earned Rookie of the Race honors in three races already this season. In the Busch Series, Montoya is currently second in the standings, just one point behind Ragan.
* Too Tough To Tame: Montoya will be making his first competitive laps around Darlington Raceway. Montoya will be competing in both the NASCAR Busch Series race and the NEXTEL Cup race this weekend.
* "Prime" Media: Chevron Global Marketing today announced a new agreement between Chevron Products Company and PRIMEDIA Enterprises, the licensing and merchandising division of PRIMEDIA Inc., in which Texaco with Techron®, one of Chevron's three fuel brands, will become the first-ever official fuel sponsor for seven of PRIMEDIA's leading automotive consumer publications, including Motor Trend, Automobile, Truck Trend, Sport Compact Car, European Car, Motorcyclist and Dirt Rider. As part of the relationship, all vehicles participating in comparison tests conducted in the United States for PRIMEDIA's road test editorials will be fueled with Texaco with Techron. The select PRIMEDIA publications will feature Texaco with Techron as their official fuel source with a series of print and online advertisements and point of purchase displays. These will appear throughout the next year, enabling Texaco to increase brand awareness among millions of passionate automotive enthusiasts.
* Come Play at CGRFS on Kid's Day this May: If you plan to be in the Charlotte, N.C., area the week leading up to the 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway, be sure your kids don't miss out on their day at CGRFS Wednesday, May 23. Kids ages 3 to 12 are invited to visit the team's Concord race shop to get a behind-the-scenes look at the cars before they head to the track and learn more about the mechanics of racing with a special Tech Talk session. Members of the CGRFS pit crews will demonstrate their pit stop techniques, too. Kids won't leave empty handed either, as they will get to make memories at the photo and craft station. Snacks and beverages will also be on the house! So, bring the kids to meet the mechanics and pit crew members who make the CGRFS cars go full speed ahead and to see a side of racing they have never seen before. Space is limited, so call 1-866-888-6388 today to make your reservation. The green flag will wave promptly at 3:30 p.m. to begin the activities, so don't be late for this fun date! To learn more and keep up to pace on this event and further team updates, go to www.chipganassiracing.com.
* Road Trip: Texaco/Havoline has just made traveling to the race track easier for race fans. Fans can go to www.texacohavoline42.com, click on the link for the road trip and enter their starting location and race destination. In addition to receiving the best route to the track, fans will also get directions to the nearest Xpress Lube and Texaco service stations along the way to make planning their trip to see Montoya easier.
* Updated site: The fan and media site at www.texacohavoline42.com has been revamped for the 2007 season. Media and fans can get up-to-date information on the team, Montoya as well as special features like an exclusive blog from Montoya's spotter Tab Boyd.