STERLING MARLIN, ...
#40 COORS LIGHT DODGE BROADCAST: TNT television and MRN radio
COORS LIGHT TEAM FACTS---
* Darlington Raceway: In 37 starts at Darlington Raceway (dating back to 1980), Sterling Marlin has scored 14 top-10 and 9 top-5 finishes including two wins (1995, 2002) at the track. He swept back-to-back poles in both Darlington races in 1992.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will take chassis #203, "Daddy's favorite," to Darlington this weekend. Marlin has driven chassis #203 to six top-10 finishes this season; it has finished outside of the top-10 only twice. The car has competed in the following races this season: Las Vegas (win), Darlington (win), Texas (7th), Charlotte (11th), Pocono (4th), Pocono (3rd), Indianapolis (27th due to motor trouble), Michigan (6th).
* Marlin has lead the NASCAR Winston Cup point standings since Rockingham and is the only driver to rank in the top-10 since the Daytona 500 in February 2001.
* Marlin on Darlington: "At Darlington you really have to race the track and you have to stay pretty focused all day long. You run so close to the wall that you can get into it pretty quick. Rubber builds up six inches away from it and one little slip and you're in the fence. I enjoy racing there. It's a fun track to me."
UPCOMING APPEARANCES ---
* September 2, 12pm - 2pm, Greenville-Pickens autograph session
* September 2, 4:30pm - 6:30pm, Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA
Coors show car:
* August 30, 9am - 5pm, Sam's Club, 200 Beltline Drive, Florence, S.C.
* August 31, 9am - 5pm, Micky Finns, 194 S. Cashua Drive, Florence, S.C.