No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * New York State of Mind: Sterling Marlin will be in New York Wednesday morning to appear on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends", ESPN's "Cold Pizza" and ESPN News. Marlin is in town helping the Marine Corps celebrate...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* New York State of Mind: Sterling Marlin will be in New York Wednesday morning to appear on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends", ESPN's "Cold Pizza" and ESPN News. Marlin is in town helping the Marine Corps celebrate its 229th birthday
* Chassis: Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis #303 to Darlington Raceway this weekend. This chassis was last run at Loudon where it placed 12th. This car has also raced at Rockingham, Darlington, Bristol, Dover, Pocono and Richmond this season. Marlin's highest finish in this chassis is fourth at Rockingham and Bristol.
* Fall Qualifying at Darlington: Marlin has three top-five and seven top-10 finishes in 20 qualifying efforts at Darlington in the fall. He has won the pole twice in the famed Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway in 1992 and 2002.
* Fall Racing at Darlington: In 20 starts at Darlington Raceway, Marlin has four top-five and nine top-10 finishes. His highest finish is fourth which he has done twice in 1987 and 2002.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's 25th-place finish at Phoenix last weekend dropped him one spot to 21st in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship points.
Sterling Marlin Quotes
Comment on racing at Darlington Raceway
"Darlington Raceway has always been a special track for me. I really enjoy racing there. We tested there the Monday after Atlanta and we learned a lot that I think will help us with the race this weekend. That was our last test for the year. It would have been neat to have been fortunate enough to win a couple races this season, but it would be nice to win the fall race at Darlington. It's the next to the last race, and hopefully we can get us a win there. "