Kasey Kahne Quotes "We've come close a lot of times to winning. We had a dominant car at Dover, Charlotte, several times this year. We had a dominating car at Texas. We had to start eighth in line with 30 laps to go and we ran second by a foot.
Kasey Kahne Quotes
"We've come close a lot of times to winning. We had a dominant car at Dover, Charlotte, several times this year. We had a dominating car at Texas. We had to start eighth in line with 30 laps to go and we ran second by a foot. That's a dominating racecar. We had it a lot of times. We just never capitalized on it and never made it to the end. We're just going to try to keep qualifying up front and finishing the races.
"We'll be in the mix to win (at Darlington). I'd really like to win at Darlington. I like the surface. The track is difficult to drive. It's real narrow and slippery. It's just an exciting and fun racetrack. You've got to be on top of it all day long. It's a drivers' track."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT DARLINGTON
* This weekend will mark Kahne's second NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Darlington Raceway.
* Kahne started on the pole and finished 13th at Darlington in March. Kahne led four times for 24 laps, and fought back from a blown tire to return to the lead lap and finish running in the top 15.
ADDING UP THE POINTS
* Kahne maintains the 13th position in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series points standings after racing at Phoenix. He is just one point out of 12th and 216 points out of the 11th spot.
KAHNE CHASING ROOKIE RECORD
* Kahne is chasing NASCAR's modern-era record for top-five finishes by a rookie driver. (See Table)
* Kahne is one of only four drivers to have scored 12 or more top-five finishes this season (Rockingham, Las Vegas, Atlanta-a/b, Texas, Mich-a/b, Pocono-b, Indy, Calif-a, NHIS-b, Phoenix).
A VIEW FROM THE FRONT ROW
* Kasey Kahne has four Bud Poles and four second-place starts for a total of eight front-row starts in just 34 races this year. Only two other drivers have started more races from the front row in 2004.
HATS OFF TO KASEY KAHNE
* It's on the heads of race fans throughout the country -- and now it's on the hood of the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge. Kahne's Evernham Motorsports Dodge will be painted red with white stripes down the length of the car and will have the Dodge logo on the hood -- a replica design of the hat that has become a necessity for every Kasey Kahne fan.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BESTS
* Kahne's four pole positions are two shy of Ryan Newman's record six poles in a rookie season.
* After 34 races, Kahne has a commanding 101-point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year race.
* Kahne's total of 692 laps led is more than four times the combined amount of laps led by the five other 2004 Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year candidates (157). He also has more poles, top fives and top 10s than the combined amount of his Rookie-of-the-Year competitors.
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne earned his fourth pole (Las Vegas, Darlington, California and Pocono) and his second track qualifying record (Las Vegas, Pocono) at Pocono in June.
* Evernham Motorsports has set three track qualifying records this season (Kahne -- Las Vegas and Pocono (a), Mayfield -- Dover).
* Kahne tied Art Watts (1957) for the quickest any driver has reached four career poles -- 14 races.