Carl Edwards on racing at Darlington Raceway: "The Cup race at Darlington is always a blast. It's grueling and a long and tough race there. We have been very close to winning there. To be able to put my name up there with the list of greats like...
Carl Edwards on racing at Darlington Raceway:
"The Cup race at Darlington is always a blast. It's grueling and a long and tough race there. We have been very close to winning there. To be able to put my name up there with the list of greats like David Pearson that have won at that track would be an honor. We are going to put everything we got into winning at Darlington.
"I think Mother's Day is special to all of us, but being in Darlington with our Mother's is great. It's real cool to race in front of your Mother. It's great for her to meet the other driver's moms. It's a fun event. To win Saturday night would be a great Mother's Day gift."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Darlington Raceway:
"Darlington is a tough track and not only for the driver. You have to be really careful with the set up of the race car. The new track surface has a lot of grip and is very smooth. The cars will be very fast and difficult to drive. Carl considers Darlington to be one of his favorite tracks, and we're hoping to turn our season around and get a good finish there this weekend."
* Carl Edwards will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Darlington Raceway in this weekend's Southern 500.
* FOR THE RECORD...In five starts at the 1.366-mile track, Edwards has two top-five and four top-10 finishes. Edwards scored his best finish at Darlington, second place last year.
* LAPS...Edwards has attempted 1838 laps in Cup Series competition at Darlington. He has completed 1752 laps - 95.3%.
* ON THE TRACK... The same Aflac Ford that Edwards raced to a third-place finish at Atlanta in March of this year - RK-565.
* REWIND, DARLINGTON 2008...Edwards' No. 99 team struggled in practice and qualifying to find the setup they needed, but changes made to the car before and during the race brought their Ford Fusion to life. Edwards was able to rebound from a 36th-place starting position to finish second in the 2008 race.
* STANDINGS...After a disappointing 26th-place finish at Richmond, Edwards dropped to ninth place in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings. He trails leader Jeff Gordon by 237 points.