KASEY KAHNE QUOTES How did the racetrack feel when you tested at Chicagoland Speedway? "It's fast. We were fast -- just as fast as I remember last year. I know last year the grooves started moving up and make for really good racing in the...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
How did the racetrack feel when you tested at Chicagoland Speedway?
"It's fast. We were fast -- just as fast as I remember last year. I know last year the grooves started moving up and make for really good racing in the Busch and Cup races. It'll be like that again this year. It's just a really fun track to come to. But, right now the track is good right on the bottom and there's a lot of grip."
What are some of the challenges at Chicago?
"It's a pretty tough track, I mean, all the tracks are. You've got to figure out how to go fast for 500 miles or 400 miles or whatever it is. There's so much competition in the NASCAR Cup series it makes it tough to win races and finish up front every weekend. When we come here we'll be prepared and do everything we can to win the race."
On the cheers of the crowd when you returned to the track during last year's race:
"We might be a fan favorite. Who knows? That was a pretty wild day, the way that all turned out. There were a lot of fines given and things that went on. So, I don't want that to happen again, but definitely we need to come out to this track and run good and try to win the race. If we could do that then it would definitely be a big boost for our whole Evernham Motorsports team."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT CHICAGO
* This weekend will mark Kahne's second NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Chicagoland Speedway.
* Kahne started from the outside pole in last year's race, and led 10 laps before contact from behind sent him into the wall on a restart midway through the race. Kahne was forced to pull his car behind the wall for extensive repairs, but he later returned to the race amidst cheers from the grandstands.
* Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team tested at Chicagoland Speedway on Tuesday, June 21. Speeds from the test were not released.
KAHNE TO RUN 'REVERSE' PIT CAP SCHEME AT INDY
* As a thank-you for the sea of red Dodge pit caps seen in the grandstands each weekend, Kahne's No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger will sport a 'reverse' paint scheme of the fan-favorite hat style in the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard next month. The special paint scheme features a predominantly white design with two red racing stripes across the entire length of the car top -- a 'reverse' color design based upon the popular hat and the replica race car scheme.
KAHNE CHARGES TO VICTORY AT RICHMOND!!!
* Kahne claimed his first NASCAR Nextel Cup Series victory at Richmond. Kahne started from the pole position, led seven times for 242 laps, and never fell out of the top ten, en route to his first career victory.
* Kahne's win was also the first of the season for the new Dodge Charger, which returned this year after a 27-year hiatus from NASCAR's premier series.
RICHMOND WIN MILESTONES
* Kahne's win was the sixth win for Evernham Motorsports, marking the fifth consecutive year that an Evernham Dodge has visited victory lane.
* Kahne also joined an exclusive club of 13 drivers to earn career wins in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck, Busch and Cup series.
* Kahne became the 11th driver to win from the pole position at Richmond, the last of whom was Bill Elliott who won from the top spot in spring of 1992.