Home123/Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Paint Scheme: The No. 42 Dodge will sport the Home123 paint scheme this weekend at Daytona. Home123 is one of the country's largest providers of home mortgage loans. Headquartered in Irvine, ...
Home123/Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Paint Scheme: The No. 42 Dodge will sport the Home123 paint scheme this weekend at Daytona. Home123 is one of the country's largest providers of home mortgage loans. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Home123 is a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, a publicly traded company (NYSE: NEW). Since being founded in 1995, Home123 has originated over $70 billion in mortgage loans. To find our more about Home123 or New Century, please visit www.Home123.com or www.ncen.com.
* The Home123 "Pay Off Your Mortgage" Sweepstakes Is On!!!: Home123, the "Official Mortgage Company of NASCAR," is going to help one lucky fan pay off his/her mortgage. NASCAR fans can visit www.home123.com to register for the chance to receive a check for $250,000 towards payoff on his/her current home loan personally delivered by McMurray. In addition, the grand-prize winner will receive two tickets to the NEXTEL Cup season finale at Homestead. The second-place winner will receive $5,000 towards a mortgage payoff and the third-place winner will receive $2,500 towards a payoff. The sweepstakes will run from July 1 through Sept. 30, 2005.
*Home123 is all about cutting through the loan clutter...
* Race for the Chase: McMurray and the No. 42 Team moved up three positions to seventh in the overall championship standings with their second-place effort last weekend at Daytona International Speedway. They are currently 80 points out of fifth and 285 out of the lead heading into the 18th race of the season. There are just nine races remaining before the cut off for the "Chase".
* Reaching New Heights: McMurray's current position of seventh in the overall standings is the highest he's reached since joining the NEXTEL Cup Series full time in 2003.
* Driving Autism Awareness: McMurray will host "Driving Autism Awareness: A Night in Nashville," next Wed., July 13 from 7 p.m.-9 p.m. at the Renaissance Hotel in Nashville, Tenn. The special fundraising event is part of the Autism Society of America's 36th Annual National Conference and Exposition.
* Prairie State natives: Keith "Hoss" Armstrong, tire specialist for the No. 42 team, is originally from Viola, Ill. He's been with the organization since 1998 and with the No. 42 team beginning in 2003. Prior to moving into the NEXTEL Cup Series, Armstrong worked on the open wheel efforts with drivers Alex Zanardi, Juan Montoya and Bruno Junqueira. In addition, Eric Maycroft, team scorer and pit crew development coordinator, is from Chicago.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Home123/Texaco/Havoline Team will bring chassis #403 to Chicagoland this weekend. Already this season the car has run at: Michigan (13th-place finish), Pocono (10th), Darlington (sixth), Texas (second), Atlanta (11th), Las Vegas (15th) and California (fourth).
Jamie McMurray on Chicagoland:
"I feel like we'll be very competitive this weekend in Chicagoland. We're coming off an awesome run at Daytona, which moved us up considerably in the points, and everyone on the Home123/Texaco/Havoline Team is really pumped up right now. We've had a few solid weeks and we just need to keep it going as we draw closer to 'The Chase'."
"We're taking one of our best, if not our best car to the track this weekend. We've run it about six or seven times this year and it always performs well. The guys made a few changes to the body that we feel should give us a little more downforce, so I expect it to be really fast once we unload on Friday morning."