David Stremme, No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Race Advance * Hometown Hottie: Car chief Jim Pohlman hails from nearby Oak Lawn, Illinois. Pohlman, who joined Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates at the beginning of this season,...
David Stremme, No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Race Advance
* Hometown Hottie: Car chief Jim Pohlman hails from nearby Oak Lawn, Illinois. Pohlman, who joined Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates at the beginning of this season, has been in racing for eight years. He started as a tire changer on the No. 94 Bill Elliott Racing team and became a car chief for Elliott in 2002. Most recently he was Kasey Kahne's crew chief on the No. 9 Dodge for two seasons.
* Take Me Out to the Ballgame: Stremme will be throwing out the first pitch this Thursday at the Chicago White Sox game. The 2005 World Series Champions will be taking on the Baltimore Orioles at 7:05 p.m. at U.S. Cellular Field. Stremme will drive his showcar onto the field, throw out the first pitch and then sit back and enjoy the game.
* Sampling Steak: Stremme will be appearing at the local Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. in Joilet. He will be signing autographs and chatting with fans at the 2705 Plainfield Rd. location.
* One Year Ago...: Last July, Stremme accomplished just what he and the Navy team were hoping for in their NASCAR NEXTEL Cup debut, and that was to earn respect. Stremme finished 16th in his inaugural NEXTEL Cup race in the No. 39 Navy Dodge at Chicagoland Speedway.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Steve Lane and the No. 40 Coors Light crew are taking chassis No. 608 for the USG Sheetrock 400 this weekend. This is the same car that Stremme got his second-highest finish of the season with at Michigan Speedway in June, when he took the checkered flag 19th.
* Chicagoland Stats: In three starts at Chicagoland Speedway, Stremme's best start was 11th in 2004, and his highest finish was 16th in his Cup Series debut last July.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. With 115 points, he is 79 points behind leader Denny Hamlin and only 24 points behind fifth place J.J. Yeley.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Stremme is currently 36th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup driver standings. He is 543 points out of the top 20. This past weekend at Daytona International Speedway, the No. 40 Dodge jumped up two spots--to 36th--in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup owner standings. There are now 19 races remaining in the 2006 season.
David Stremme Quote:
"Chicagoland Speedway is a special track for me. It is where I made my NEXTEL Cup debut last season and it is a track that is close to home for me. I will have some of my family there this weekend and I love it when they can come out and watch me race.
"Last year I was able to get a top-20 finish and I am hoping to improve on that this year with the Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Dodge. We got our best finish of the season last week at Daytona and the No. 40 team is looking forward to going to Chicago and continuing to beat our best finishes every week."