FAST FACTS: * Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first Sprint Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the Sprint Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin. * In 11 Sprint...
* Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first Sprint Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the Sprint Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin.
* In 11 Sprint Cup Series starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway, McMurray has one win, two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* With 139 laps led under his belt, Lowe's ranks as the track with the most led for McMurray.
* Lowe's Motor Speedway ranks as the sixth-best track for McMurray. Currently, McMurray's averages a 20.0 starting position, and a 16.5 finishing position at the 1.5-mile speedway.
* This weekend, McMurray will pilot his No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion - his first return to the blue and yellow paint scheme since finishing eighth at Martinsville in March.
Jamie McMurray on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"I'm really glad we were able to run the Sprint All-Star race last weekend out at Lowe's. We had a couple of issues come up with the car, that I'm glad we were able to take care of then, and not have to worry about it in a points race, especially in a 600-mile race. I hate that we had such a bad run this past weekend, but I'm confident we will have a much better run this weekend in our No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion.
"Running at Lowe's is always so much fun for me and all the guys at the shop. I'm always reminded of my first win there, which is something I will never forget. For all the guys, we are home for two weeks, which is a chance for them to spend a little more time at home, and be able to race in front of their friends and family.
"The upcoming Coca-Cola 600 is the longest race of the year, and after last weekend I think we have a great engine and great equipment under us. We just need to go out there this weekend and show how strong we really are this season."
Crew chief Larry Carter on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"After last weekend at Lowe's, I think all of the guys on the No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools team are looking forward to going out there this weekend and having a great run. We missed a couple of things last weekend that really put us behind in the race. We certainly had a car more than capable of running in the top 10, and even in the top five. Hopefully, we can put last weekend behind us and go out there this weekend and put some better numbers up on the board."
- credit: rfr