FAST FACTS * Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first NEXTEL Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the NEXTEL Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin. * In nine NEXTEL Cup...
* Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first NEXTEL Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the NEXTEL Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin.
* In nine NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway, McMurray has one win, two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* McMurray is currently scored 12th in the NEXTEL Cup point standings.
* McMurray, with 112 laps, has led more laps at the 1.5-mile speedway than any other track in NEXTEL Cup competition.
* Lowe's Motor Speedway ranks as the eighth best track for McMurray. Currently, he boasts a 15.4-average finish.
McMurray on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"There is no denying the fact that I really like racing at Lowe's. Obviously, I scored my first win at Charlotte, so it will always be special to me. Last weekend in the NEXTEL Open we learned a few things about our car for this weekend's race. We ran a few different setups that I think in the long run at Charlotte this weekend, will play into our favor. We tested the car we are taking to the Coca-Cola 600 a few weeks ago and felt pretty good with the test overall, but in the end, we continued to fight the same problem -- tight in the center. We made a few body changes to the car back at the shop and now, I feel we should be pretty good for this coming weekend. It's a long race and a lot can happen, but if we take our time and adjust wisely on the car, we will be there at the end in our No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"After last weekend's race at Charlotte, I feel that we have a better handle on the car we are taking for the 600 this weekend. The test session out at Lowe's a couple weeks ago was good, but it's always better to see how the car reacts during the race, which we were able to see this past weekend in the Open race. At the end of the race we were still battling the same issue that we found in testing, that the car won't turn in the center of the corner. We still need to figure out how to free it up just a bit.
"This No. 26 crew has done such a great job over the last few weeks; their pit stops continue to get faster and faster each week. I'm proud of the work they have put in and their effort has really paid off. This weekend should be no different for the guys."