* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Charlotte Motor Speedway this Saturday night's NASCAR Banking 500. * MENARD AT CHARLOTTE... In his five previous starts, Menard's best finish at the 1.5-mile speedway is 14th ...
* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Charlotte Motor Speedway this Saturday night's NASCAR Banking 500.
* MENARD AT CHARLOTTE... In his five previous starts, Menard's best finish at the 1.5-mile speedway is 14th place.
* AVERAGES... Menard has an average start of 27.2 and an average finish of 26.4 in Cup Series competition at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
* JOHNS MANVILLE RETURNS TO THE HOOD...The No. 98 team will unload the Johns Manville / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's NASCAR Banking 500.
Menard on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
"It's always nice this time of year when we get to be home for a couple of weeks. This weekend we are at Charlotte and next weekend we go up the road to Martinsville. I know it's great for all the crew guys because they get to spend some extra time at home with their friends and family, and this Saturday we get to race in front of them, which always makes the race a little more special to the guys.
"Last weekend at Fontana, I thought we were going to have a much better car than we showed in the race. We had a couple of really good practices, but when the sun came out, it really changed the setup of our car. This Saturday we race at night, which is typically gives you a little more grip and makes the cars really fun to drive. I'm looking forward to being back in the No. 98 Johns Manville / Menards Ford Fusion on Saturday night."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
"I think the entire No. 98 Johns Manville / Menards team is looking forward to being home this weekend and racing in front of their friends and family. This is always an exciting race and I think we will unload a pretty strong Ford Fusion for Saturday night. We've been pretty strong this season at the intermediates and I don't expect anything different this weekend. If we can get a little luck in qualifying and in the race, I think we'll have a pretty solid night on Saturday."