STATESVILLE, N.C.-- Kasey Kahne climbs behind the wheel of the No. 43 Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper Nationwide car Friday night in Charlotte for his fourth start of the 2009 season. Richard Petty Motorsports partnered with Braun Racing in 2009 to ...
STATESVILLE, N.C.-- Kasey Kahne climbs behind the wheel of the No. 43 Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper Nationwide car Friday night in Charlotte for his fourth start of the 2009 season. Richard Petty Motorsports partnered with Braun Racing in 2009 to field cars in five races with Kahne driving in four of the five. His best finish came at Daytona in July where he finished fifth for the Stewart Cooper-led team. Kahne is a seven-time winner in the series. Friday's race marks the first time Kahne has ever driven the No. 43--the winningest car number in NASCAR history.
DRIVING THE NO. 43-- "This is something I never thought I would have the chance to do. I hope the fans like it as much as I do. This is one of the most historic car numbers in our sport so it's a huge thrill to drive the No. 43. I'd like to add my name to the list of people who have won in the No. 43. I think the King would get a kick out of that."
CHARLOTTE-- "We're going there with every intention of getting the Auto Value/ Bumper to Bumper car in victory lane. We've had a good car in every one of our races this year and Friday shouldn't be any different. (Crew Chief) Stewart Cooper and the Braun guys are really good at what they do. This series is a lot of fun for me to race in. There isn't a whole lot of strategy. We just go for the win."
* Friday's race marks Kahne's 155th Nationwide Series race and 15th at Charlotte.
* Kahne owns series victories at: Homestead in 2003, Texas and Kansas in 2005, Las Vegas and Fontana in 2006, Charlotte and Bristol in 2007.
* Kahne won the pole at Charlotte in May 2005.
* At Charlotte, Kahne has raced car numbers 9, 38, 98, 6 and now 43.
* Michael Johnson of Marietta, Ga. won the grand prize in The King & Kasey Sweepstakes. Johnson received a 2009 Dodge Challenger, a trip for two to this weekend's race, and a chance to meet Petty and Kahne."I've won other prizes, but nothing of this magnitude," said Johnson. "This will be my first new car and one I will treasure. Plus, I have always wanted to have an up-close and personal meeting with Kasey and Richard Petty. Thanks to all of the folks at Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper for making this all possible."