HISTORICAL DATA * First Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win: Lee Petty, 2/1/53, West Palm, Fla., 100 miles, .5-mile track. * First Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at LMS: Lee Roy Yarbrough, 10/16/1966, National 500, 130.576 mph avg....
* First Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win: Lee Petty, 2/1/53, West Palm, Fla., 100 miles, .5-mile track.
* First Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at LMS: Lee Roy Yarbrough, 10/16/1966, National 500, 130.576 mph avg. speed.
* Last Dodge NASCAR Spring Cup Series Win at LMS: Kasey Kahne, 5/25/2008, Coca-Cola 600, 135.772 mph avg. speed.
THE DODGE BOYS
* Dodge has 204 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins.
* Dodge's most recent win in the Sprint Cup Series was Kasey Kahne's victory at the Pep Boys Auto 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (Sept. 6).
* Kasey Kahne recorded the 200th win by Dodge in the Sprint Cup Series with his victory in the Pocono 500 at Pocono Raceway last season.
* Dodge teams have posted 44 wins since the manufacturer returned to NASCAR's premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.
* Dodge has recorded three wins in 2009; Kurt Busch (Atlanta-1), Kasey Kahne (Infineon & Atlanta-2).
DODGE IN THE CHASE
* Kurt Busch is currently sixth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings after his eighth-place finish at Auto Club Speedway last weekend. He's posted three top-10 finishes in the first four Chase events -- New Hampshire (sixth), Dover (fifth) and Fontana (eighth).
* Kasey Kahne is 11th in the Chase standings, moving down one spot after finishing 34th at Fontana.
* Two Dodge drivers (Jeremy Mayfield and Ryan Newman) were in the inaugural Chase in 2004.
* In 2005, three Dodge drivers (Mayfield, Newman and Rusty Wallace) made the Chase field with Newman winning the opener at New Hampshire.
* Kasey Kahne was the lone Dodge driver in the 2006 Chase field. He finished eighth in the final Chase standings.
* The Chase field was expanded from 10 to 12 drivers in 2007. Kurt Busch was the lone Dodge representative; he finished seventh in the final standings.
* There were no Dodges in the 2008 Chase field.
THE CHASE -- KURT BUSCH AT LOWE'S
* Busch started 19th and finished third in last year's fall event at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* In 18 starts at Lowe's, Busch has three top-five finishes.
* Busch has led 238 laps at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Busch is making his fourth Chase appearance and second driving a Dodge.
* Busch has started in the top 10 in three of the last five races at LMS.
* Busch has three DNFs in 18 starts at LMS.
* Average start: 22.3 Average finish: 21.6
THE CHASE -- KASEY KAHNE AT LOWE'S
* Kahne started 15th and finished second in last year's spring event at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Kahne has four consecutive top-10 finishes at LMS.
* Kahne has finished outside the top eight only once in the last seven races at LMS.
* In 11 starts at Lowe's, Kahne has three wins, four top-five and six top-10 finishes.
* Kahne swept both Sprint Cup races at LMS in 2006.
* Kahne has led 616 laps at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Kahne won six races in 2006 and finished eighth in the final standings in his only other Chase appearance.
* Average start: 10.5 Average Finish: 12.4
DODGE AT LOWE'S MOTOR SPEEDWAY
* Dodge has 14 wins at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Kasey Kahne is the only current Dodge driver to have won a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Kasey Kahne is looking to extend a four-race streak of top-15 starts at Lowe's. He has started outside the top 10 only four times in his 11 career starts at the 1.5-mile track.
* Dodge's AJ Allmendinger is expected to make his 75th career NSCS start this weekend at Lowe's.
* Dodge's Kasey Kahne has the fourth-highest finishing avg. (12.4) of all active drivers competing at LMS.
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge
"The two months leading into the Chase, the pressure, the points are so close from fifth to 15th this year, that pressure was intense and that's where the team was bringing great race cars. I couldn't make any mistakes and we had to be really on top of our game to make the Chase and we did that and now being in the Chase it's the same thing."
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge
"It really is two different seasons here in our sport. You do what it takes to make the Chase and you might as well put those stats from the first 26 races aside. After that, it's just those 12 guys out there slugging it out from week to week. You gotta' be focused on those last 10 races and there is no looking back."
Sam Hornish Jr., No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge
"Last season, our intermediate-track program was the strong suit for this No. 77 team. This year, it seems that short tracks are where we have had the most success. I think that we have room to improve on intermediate tracks, but we have a solid foundation to build upon and we continue to get stronger with every race."
AJ Allmendinger, No. 44 Best Buy Dodge
"This might be the biggest race we have left this season. You always want to run well no matter where we race, but just about anyone who's involved in the sport shows up at Charlotte at some point during the weekend."
David Stremme, No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge
"Lowe's Motor Speedway is considered home for most of the teams and drivers in NASCAR. It gives all of us an opportunity to sleep in our own bed and enjoy all the comforts of home. The mile-and-a-half tracks have been one of our strong suits this season. We have had some of our best runs at these types of tracks. In May, we had a really good car and I feel like, as a team, we have made a lot of gains since then. We know what we need to do to be successful and I am ready to get going."
Elliott Sadler, No. 19 Stanley/Susan G. Koman Dodge
"My Mom has always been by my side and my biggest fan. Last year when she walked out to the starting grid in Charlotte and took a picture with me in my pink Stanley/Susan G. Komen for the Cure firesuit in front of my pink No. 19 Dodge she told me it was one of the most special moments of her life."
Richard Petty, Co-Owner, Richard Petty Motorsports
"The deal with the pink hat is really cool also. I'm not a big fan of pink, but when it is for something as important as fighting breast cancer then I'll wear whatever color they want me to wear."
-credit: dodge motorsports