* Lowe's Toyota...The No. 22 Caterpillar Toyota Dave Blaney is scheduled to drive in the Bank of America 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C., is chassis No. 109. This is the same car Blaney drove to a 15th-place finish at Kansas...
* Lowe's Toyota...The No. 22 Caterpillar Toyota Dave Blaney is scheduled to drive in the Bank of America 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C., is chassis No. 109. This is the same car Blaney drove to a 15th-place finish at Kansas Speedway two weeks ago.
* What Happened Last week...The Caterpillar Racing team lined up in the second spot for the start of the UAW-Ford 500 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. Blaney remained in the top 20 for much of the event and came on strong in the closing laps before taking the checkered flag in the third spot. It was the best finish of the season for the Cat Racing team, and it equaled Blaney's best career finish.
* Used up...The No. 22 Toyota will sport a new paint scheme this weekend, which will feature Catused.com. CatUsed.com is the official online source for finding Caterpillar used equipment, used Cat parts, engines and attachments. Available from the best Dealer network in the industry, literally thousands of used Cat machines and parts are at customers' fingertips, straight from Cat Dealers who stand behind the equipment. Through easy search options on the home page, customers are able to view actual inventory, informative equipment evaluations and photos of the product, making buying used Cat equipment easy and efficient
* Blaney's Career Stats...Blaney will make his 263rd career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when the green flag waves Saturday evening. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and drove his Bill Davis Racing-owned entry to a 40th-place finish (qualified 30th) in his first Cup Series start at LMS.
* Blaney at Lowe's...Blaney has made 15 starts on the 1.5-mile oval during his Cup Series career, starting as high as eighth (2003 and 2007) and finishing as high as 10th (2002). He has scored one top-10 finish in Cup Series competition at the Concord, N.C., track.
* BDR at LMS...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the Charlotte-area track since 1993 and have made 40 starts. Those drivers have posted three top-five finishes and 11 top-10 finishes.
* Points Position...The Caterpillar Racing team's third-place effort last week in Talladega pushed the team into the coveted 35th place in the NEXTEL Cup Series owners' point standings. The team now stands 51 markers ahead of the No. 21 car and only two points behind the No. 45 team (34th).
* Bring Your Sharpie...Blaney is scheduled to sign autographs at the Caterpillar souvenir trailer Saturday afternoon. Stop by the Cat souvenir trailer or visit www.daveblaney.com for updates and additional information.
* The Reigning Champion...Blaney will return to NASCAR Busch Series competition this weekend to defend his win at Lowe's Motor Speedway in last year's Busch Series race. Blaney will again be behind the wheel of the Braun Racing Toyota Camry.
* Practice Makes Perfect...The No. 22 Caterpillar Racing team will spend at least one day each week testing for the next three weeks. The team's first stop is Gateway International Raceway near St. Louis, followed by a one-day test at Iowa Speedway Oct. 23. The BDR team will also participate in the COT test at Atlanta Motor Speedway at the end of the month.
Dave Blaney on Lowe's Motor Speedway..."We're definitely excited about racing at Charlotte, and even more so now that we've got ourselves back into the top 35. That's a big deal for this Caterpillar team. Our goal going into Talladega last weekend was to maintain our position and make sure we didn't lose any points to the No. 21 car, so to be able to do so much more than that is really great. We'll do everything we can to make sure that we don't fall out again, because it sure is tough to get back in once you fall out. We shouldn't have any problems if we can just keep running like we have been the past couple of weeks. I've always like racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway. I like the 1.5-mile tracks like Lowe's, and we've run pretty well there in the past. If we can keep ourselves out of trouble, I think it will be another pretty good weekend for us."