Quotes from Chad McCumbee: "The 1.5-mile tracks are probably my strong suit, so I'm looking forward to this weekend. I've always been a fan of this racetrack and have dreamed of the day of competing here in the Sprint Cup Series. It's a ...
Quotes from Chad McCumbee:
"The 1.5-mile tracks are probably my strong suit, so I'm looking forward to this weekend. I've always been a fan of this racetrack and have dreamed of the day of competing here in the Sprint Cup Series. It's a tricky place and that's one of the reasons that I enjoy racing here. We ran the All-Star Showdown in May and had a good test here two weeks ago, so I think we can be competitive on Saturday night."
"The field is going to be competitive during the qualifying session on Thursday night. There are some really good cars that are entered, above the normal car count. It's going to be tough. Stewart (Cooper, crew chief) and I work well together and I think that experience gives us an advantage over the other non-regulars. We have two races and some tests under our belt and that should pay off."
"I've been fortunate this year to have been able to learn from guys like Kyle Petty and Bobby and Terry Labonte. That's a lot of NASCAR experience that I can draw from, which will only help me become better prepared for these races. Bobby, in particular, knows how to get around Lowe's as well as anyone. Having a teammate like that will push me this weekend and hopefully we can get another good finish for both of these Petty Enterprises cars."
* McCumbee will attempt to make his fifth career start in the No. 45 Dodge this weekend. His last race was at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway last month.
* McCumbee is currently 11th in the Craftsman Truck Series point standings. It is his third year driving in that series.
* McCumbee finished 2nd in the NCTS race at LMS in May.
* McCumbee is scheduled to compete in four of the final five events of the 2008 Sprint Cup season.
* McCumbee participated in the Indianapolis tire test in the No. 45 this week.