-- Bobby Labonte won his first career NSCS race at Lowe's Motor Speedway in 1995 -- Quotes from Bobby Labonte: "We feel good about ourselves after the race at Talladega. The No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge was strong and we stayed...
-- Bobby Labonte won his first career NSCS race at Lowe's Motor Speedway in 1995 --
Quotes from Bobby Labonte:
"We feel good about ourselves after the race at Talladega. The No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge was strong and we stayed out of trouble, which was easier said than done. If I had the right help at the end I believe we could have challenged for the win, but a solid top-10 finish will hopefully jumpstart the last month and a half of the season for us. The final six races is probably the best stretch of races for us during the year. I enjoy racing at all of them and we can have a shot to win at any of them."
"There's no question that any race at Lowe's is one of the biggest races of the year. This track, this town and these fans have been a cornerstone of our sport for almost 50 years. A lot of drivers want to win this race for different reasons, but the reason I like coming to Lowe's is because of that history and the legacy that this place has in our sport. I'm proud of my record at Lowe's because of that.
"October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I'm proud to drive the No. 43 Cheerios Racing/Pink Together Dodge on Saturday night to continue to raise awareness. Breast cancer has touched so many people that we all know a family that has been affected by this disease. No matter who takes the checkered flag on Saturday, we want to make sure that the Susan G. Komen Foundation is the winner. Look for special pink packaging on some of General Mills' most popular brands to help in this cause. Together we can beat this disease."
Bobby Labonte at Lowe's Motor Speedway
* Labonte has scored the second-most points of the non-'Chase' drivers since the 'Chase' began at New Hampshire.
* Labonte has scored two wins at Lowe's Motor Speedway, the 1995 Coca-Cola 600 and the UAW-GM Quality 500 in 2000.
* He has scored more top-10s at Lowe's than at any other track in his career with 17.
* In his 31 visits to LMS he has also scored 12 top-5s. He is third on the list of active drivers with most top-5s at the track behind Mark Martin (17) and Jeff Gordon (14).
* At LMS Labonte has started from the pole three times and has started within the top-10 a total of 16 times. His most recent top-5 start was in this race last year when he qualified third.
* Of a possible 11,224 laps at Lowe's Motor Speedway, Labonte has completed 10,340 (92.1%), including 807 laps led. His average start at LMS is 13.1 and average finish is 12.7.