David Stremme and the No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Team Facts: * Inside the numbers: Having completed 3521 of 3653 laps (96.4%) already this season, Stremme has completed every lap in five of 11 races. In his previous career 38 starts, ...
David Stremme and the No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Team Facts:
* Inside the numbers: Having completed 3521 of 3653 laps (96.4%) already this season, Stremme has completed every lap in five of 11 races. In his previous career 38 starts, Stremme had only gone the full race distance a combined 11 times (2005-2006).
* Come Play at CGRFS on Kid's Day this May: If you plan to be in the Charlotte, N.C., area the week leading up to the 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway, be sure your kids don't miss out on their day at CGRFS Wednesday, May 23. Kids ages 3 to 12 are invited to visit the team's Concord race shop to get a behind-the-scenes look at the cars before they head to the track and learn more about the mechanics of racing with a special Tech Talk session. Members of the CGRFS pit crews will demonstrate their pit stop techniques, too. Kids won't leave empty handed either, as they will get to make memories at the photo and craft station. Snacks and beverages will also be on the house! So, bring the kids to meet the mechanics and pit crew members who make the CGRFS cars go full speed ahead and to see a side of racing they have never seen before. Space is limited, so call 1-866-888-6388 today to make your reservation. The green flag will wave promptly at 3:30 p.m. to begin the activities, so don't be late for this fun date! To learn more and keep up to pace on this event and further team updates, go to www.chipganassiracing.com.
Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Target Dodge Team Facts:
* Team Target Goes for 1,100: Team Target is schedule to compete for 1,100 miles this Sunday, first running the Indianapolis 500 with drivers Dan Wheldon and Scott Dixon followed by the Charlotte 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway (LMS) with Reed Sorenson. Dixon, a former series champion (2003) qualified on the inside of row two (fourth), while his teammate Wheldon, '05 Series and Indy 500 Champion, qualified on the outside of row two (sixth). Team Target had one top-five and two top-10 finishes in last year's 1,100 miles of racing with Wheldon finishing fourth and Dixon sixth in the 500, and Sorenson finishing 10th in the 600-mile event. This year marks the sixth-consecutive year Target has been a primary sponsor in both the IndyCar and NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for Chip Ganassi Racing.
* See Reed on Speed Street: Sorenson will be signing autographs from 4-6 p.m. ET on Friday, May 25 at the Speed Street festival located in Uptown Charlotte, N.C. He will be located at a booth near the Food Lion Kids Zone.
* Charlotte Test: LMS hosted the fifth NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series test of the season and the final test for the current car on May 7 & 8. Out of 52 teams present, Sorenson and the Target team posted the fifth fastest lap in the evening session (6-9 p.m. ET) on May 7 with a lap of 29.297 sec/184.319 mph. Sorenson's Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) teammate David Stremme was fastest in the evening season with a lap of 28.877 sec/187.000 mph, and teammate Juan Pablo Montoya was 15th (29.457 sec/183.318 mph). Sorenson was 28th fastest in the afternoon (2-5 p.m. ET) on Monday with a time of 30.234 sec/178.607 mph. On May 8 Sorenson wound up 35th on the speed chart in the afternoon session (29.866 sec/180.808 mph) and 20th (29.490 sec/183.113 mph) in the evening.
* Charlotte Natives: Target team gas man Randy Hildreth calls Charlotte, N.C. his home. Hildreth owns a Volkswagen service business and gases for CGRFS on the weekends. He's been with the team for five years and in the sport for 20. First year team member and jack man Chuck White hails from just down the road in China Grove, N.C. White previously served as jack man on 2002 and 2005 series champion Tony Stewart's team.
* TUMS Relief for Hunger: TUMS is all about providing fast relief and you can join us in the effort this May. TUMS is teaming up with Speedway Children's Charities to collect food donations for the Second Harvest food bank during the Charlotte 600 race weekend. Donations of non-perishable food items will be collected at Lowe's Motor Speedway during the Memorial Day race weekend and at Fan Day and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates. Please join TUMS in the effort to provide Relief for Hunger for the families in need!
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target team have selected chassis #705 for the race at LMS. This is the same car Sorenson finished ninth with earlier this season at his hometown track -- Atlanta Motor Speedway. The team also used this car at Texas Motor Speedway, where Sorenson ran in the top 10 for a majority of the race before experiencing engine trouble on lap 192 of the 334-lap race.
* Points Update: The Target team fell to 29th in the overall standings after its 40th-place finish in the last points-awarded event at Darlington Raceway. The team is just 75 points out of 25th and 175 out of the top 20.
Juan Pablo Montoya and the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge Team Facts:
* Standings: Juan Pablo Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team remain 21st in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings following their 23rd-place finish at Darlington two weeks ago. Montoya is only six points out of 20th and 134 points out of 12th position -- the final transfer position for the Chase for the NEXTEL Cup.
* Track Time: At the start of the season, Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the crew's goal was to get Montoya laps on the track. So far this season in the 11 NEXTEL Cup races, Montoya has completed 99.4 percent of the total laps -- the best of any rookie. There are only six drivers in the top 20 that have completed more laps than the driver of the Texaco/Havoline Dodge. Out of the 3,653 possible laps this season, Montoya has run 3,631 of them and has no DNF's.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have selected chassis #707 for this weekend's 600-mile race at Lowe's Motor Speedway. This chassis has not raced yet this season, however, the team utilized this chassis during the two-day NASCAR sanctioned test at Lowe' Motor Speedway (LMS) earlier this month.
* Rookie Race: Montoya leads David Ragan by four points (120-116) in the Raybestos® Rookie standings entering the May 27 600-mile NEXTEL Cup race at LMS. Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team have earned Rookie of the Race honors in four races already this season, including the last points' race in Darlington. In the Busch Series, Montoya is currently second in the standings, just two points behind Ragan.
* It's All about our Fans: CGRFS will wave the yellow flag on Friday, May 25, and take a break from racing 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET to thank its fans for their support. The Second Annual CGRFS Fan Appreciation Day will involve a variety of activities at the team's Concord, N.C., race shop, including pit stop demonstrations, games and prizes. A complimentary lunch will be provided by TUMS, but don't forget to bring in your non-perishable food items to help TUMS Relief for Hunger. All donations will support Speedway Children's Charities Second Harvest food bank. NASCAR NEXTEL Cup CGRFS drivers David Stremme, Reed Sorenson and Montoya, will also be at the shop to meet fans and sign autographs from 1 to 3 p.m. ET. Wristbands will guarantee an autograph and can be picked up in person at the team's gift shop or by calling 1.866.888.6388 to reserve one. Please note autographs are limited to one item per person per driver. To learn more and keep up to pace on this event and further team updates, go to www.chipganassiracing.com.
* Road Trip: Texaco/Havoline has just made traveling to the race track easier for race fans. Fans can go to www.texacohavoline42.com, click on the link for the road trip and enter their starting location and race destination. In addition to receiving the best route to the track, fans will also get directions to the nearest Xpress Lube and Texaco service stations along the way to make planning their trip to see Montoya easier.
* Updated site: The fan and media site at www.texacohavoline42.com has been revamped for the 2007 season. Media and fans can get up-to-date information on the team, Montoya as well as special features like an exclusive blog from Montoya's spotter Tab Boyd.