Carl Edwards on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway: "My Aflac Fusion was not real good for the first half of the All-Star race. We found some spring rubbers that fell out during the last stop, so they stuck those back in and the thing was pretty fast...
Carl Edwards on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"My Aflac Fusion was not real good for the first half of the All-Star race. We found some spring rubbers that fell out during the last stop, so they stuck those back in and the thing was pretty fast and made it back up to fifth place. We just needed some more laps on Saturday night. That definitely won't be an issue in the 600. There will be plenty of laps. I learned lots of things in the All-Star race and think we've got something to build on for the 600.
"The Coca-Cola 600 is the longest race of the year and it's one of the most fun races, because there is so much to it. It takes a great strategy, endurance, the driver, the car and especially the crew, because of the number of pit stops. It takes the entire team. It's one that I'm looking forward to, especially after a strong finish in the All-Star race."
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"I am looking forward to returning to Lowe's this weekend for the 600. Our Aflac team had a very fast race car there in October, unfortunately we had ignition trouble and were not able to obtain the results we were hoping for. I feel like we learned a lot last weekend in the All-Star race. It was a great opportunity to have a test session under conditions that we will be under at the conclusion of the 600. We didn't have the finish we hoped for on Saturday night, but we hope that we can make up for that this weekend.
"The 600 is a grueling, endurance event that tries the best of us. I hope to have a car that is as fast as our last event at Lowe's and plan to capitalize with a good result."
* Carl Edwards enters the Coca-Cola 600 12th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings, 330 markers behind point leader Jeff Gordon. In 11 starts this season, Edwards has accumulated one top-five and four top-10 finishes.
* FOR THE RECORD...Edwards will make his eighth Cup start at Lowe's Motor Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has three top-five and six top-10 finishes.
* Edwards' best finish at LMS is third place, captured twice - once in May of 2005 and again in May of 2006
* ON THE TRACK...The Aflac team will be bringing chassis RK-636 to LMS. This chassis debuted at California Speedway earlier this year. Edwards started 25th and finished ninth in that race.
* REWIND, CHARLOTTE 2008...Until the October 2008 race, Edwards had completed all but one lap he had attempted in Cup competition at LMS. No. 99 Ford Fusion first experienced tire troubles, then ignition problems that would leave them several laps down in that race.
* BID ON CARL'S SUIT... Aflac will auction off the driver's uniform worn by Edwards in the All-Star Race. The proceeds from the auction will benefit the Aflac Cancer Center. Please log on to www.AflacRacing.com or www.roushfenway.com for more information.