No. 41 BUSCH SERIES TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The No. 41 Discount Tire team will take chassis ...
No. 41 BUSCH SERIES TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The No. 41 Discount Tire team will take chassis #556 for the Busch Series race this weekend. Sorenson piloted this car to a second-place finish at Dover in June, as well as fourth-place finishes at the Kentucky and fall Dover races.
* Coming to a Discount Tire Store Near You: Sorenson will be appearing at a local Discount Tire store from 2 to 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 3. The rookie will be signing autographs and greeting fans at 2405 Grapevine Mills Circle in Grapevine, Tex.
* Second Time Around: This will be Sorenson's second Busch Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. Back in April the rookie wheeled his Discount Tire Dodge to a third-place finish in the O'Reilly 300. He also led for a total of 28 laps before being passed by eventual race winner Kasey Kahne with seven laps to go.
* Rookie of the Year: After his 33rd-place finish in Memphis, Sorenson remained second behind Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (324-316). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Busch Series Points Standings: After his accident at Memphis Motorsports Park credited him with a 33rd-place finish, Sorenson slipped to fourth in the NASCAR Busch Series championship standings. Sorenson trails leader Martin Truex Jr., by 429 points but is only 58 points out of the third spot.
No. 39 NEXTEL CUP SERIES TEAM FACTS:
* Texas Two Step: For the second week in a row, Reed Sorenson will attempt to make the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race. Sorenson made his NEXTEL Cup debut last week in the No. 39 Discount Tire Dodge at Atlanta. He started the race in the 22nd spot before an accident on lap 128 relegated Sorenson to a 41st-plce finish. Sorenson will also be making his 38th 2005 Busch Series start this weekend in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge.
* Chassis: The No. 39 Discount Tire team will race chassis #114 at Texas this weekend. Sorenson will be the third Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates team member to drive this car this season. Casey Mears and Sterling Marlin have both wheeled this car. Sorenson also piloted this car last weekend in his NEXTEL Cup debut in Atlanta.
* 2006 Busch Series Paint Scheme: The No. 39 Discount Tire Dodge will be sporting the paint scheme that will adorn the No. 41 Dodge in the Busch Series during the 2006 season. Sorenson and Discount Tire unveiled the paint scheme last week in Atlanta and will be running it again this weekend.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"We ran really well at Texas in the spring. The Discount Tire team feels really good about going back there this weekend and hopefully getting a win. I would like to win again before the season is over. Texas is a place that we can do that. We are testing Homestead this week as well. Hopefully we will have a good test and increase our chances to getting back into victory lane in the Discount Tire Dodge. The extra seat time that I will get being in both the Busch and Cup cars this weekend definitely won't hurt us. It will be a bit hectic but it will give me a chance to find out how the weekend schedule will be like next year when I run both the Busch and Cup series'."