Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL, April 30-May 1, 2005 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Aaron's 499, Sunday at 1:20 pm NASCAR Busch Series: Aaron's 312, Saturday at 2:05 pm Roush Racing Fast Facts - Matt...
Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL, April 30-May 1, 2005
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Aaron's 499, Sunday at 1:20 pm
NASCAR Busch Series: Aaron's 312, Saturday at 2:05 pm
Roush Racing Fast Facts
- Matt Kenseth has one top-five and three top-ten finishes at Talladega.
- Matt Kenseth has led at least one lap in eight of his 10 starts at Talladega.
- The No. 17 team will be bringing car number 40 to Talladega next weekend. This is the same car that ran for the first time in the fall race at Talladega last year, which Kenseth drove to a 14th-place finish.
- Greg Biffle has led 21 percent of the laps run in NASCAR Nextel Cup races so far this season with a total of 561 laps led. He has already topped his 2004 total laps led by 205 laps.
- Biffle has one top-10 finish at Talladega in the Busch Series and is looking to get his first Nextel Cup top-10 finish there this weekend.
- This weekend the No. 16 National Guard/Charter Ford will return to its signature red, white and blue paint scheme.
- The No. 99 Ford will carry a special Ortho Season-Long paint scheme this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.
- This will be Carl Edwards' second start at the track. During last year's fall race Edwards raced to the front of the field but a mechanical failure ended his day early and he went on to finish 42nd.
- After Edwards' spectacular finish last week at Phoenix (he came from two laps down late in the race to finish on the lead lap in seventh), he jumped five spots in the overall NEXTEL Cup point standings to eighth. He currently sits 281 points out of first and just 30 points out of fifth. In eight starts this year Edwards has accrued one win, two top-five and three top-10 finishes.
- Mark Martin's pace in the 1997 Winston 500 at Talladega set an all-time NASCAR Cup record for the fastest race ever run, as Martin won the caution-free event with an average speed a 188.354 mph. He covered the 500-mile distance in two hours, 38 minutes and 18 seconds.
- Martin has two victories at Talladega, with both coming in the spring (1995 and 1997).
- Martin has scored top-10 finishes in six of his last 12 races at Talladega.
- Martin has finished in the top 10 in 49 percent of his 69 restrictor -late races.
- Martin's 34 top-10 finishes in restrictor plate races are the most ever.
- Martin is one of six drivers to have completed in all 69 restrictor-plate races.
- With his first '05 win at Phoenix last week, Kurt Busch moves to second in points (the same position he was in one year ago after eight events) and remains in the top 10 NEXTEL Cup Series competition for the 43rd consecutive race week (since Rockingham 2004), currently the longest streak on the circuit.
- Busch's No. 97 Ford Taurus sports the colors of IRWIN Industrial Tools at Talladega for the third time this season. The IRWIN car will run the next three events through the NEXTEL All-Star Challenge at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte on May 21st.
- The IRWIN Industrial Tools Racing team brings chassis #55 to Talladega, the same car that finished second in this year's Daytona 500.
- Busch has competed in eight races at Talladega, posting five finishes of sixth or better. He has finished third twice (April '01 and '02), but suffered his worst finish and only DNF at the track one year ago (36th).
- Though he has never visited victory lane at a restrictor-plate track, Busch finished in the top 10 in more than half his starts (nine top-10 finishes in 17 starts, including runner-up in this year's Daytona 500).
Team: No. 6 Viagra