FAST FACTS * Matt Kenseth has scored nine top-10 finishes at Richmond International Raceway in 15 races, which ranks second behind Tony Stewart among all drivers at Richmond since Kenseth's rookie season in the NEXTEL Cup Series (2000). * ...
* Matt Kenseth has scored nine top-10 finishes at Richmond International Raceway in 15 races, which ranks second behind Tony Stewart among all drivers at Richmond since Kenseth's rookie season in the NEXTEL Cup Series (2000).
* Kenseth has scored 10 straight top-10 finishes in the Busch Series at Richmond and has 13 total top-10 finishes in 14 Busch Series starts at the .75-mile Virginia oval, including four straight top-three finishes.
* Richmond is the only track where Kenseth has scored 10 top-five finishes during his career in the Busch Series.
* With a seventh-place finish at California, Kenseth has now scored at least 16 top-10 finishes in the past six seasons; the most was 25 in the 2003 championship season.
* Richmond International Raceway is one of 10 NEXTEL Cup tracks (including North Carolina Speedway in Rockingham) that Kenseth has scored a Cup victory.
Kenseth on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Richmond is a pretty cool racetrack. It's pretty wide for a short track and that usually allows for side-by-side racing. It used to be the only short track that we went to where we could do that, but now you can race side by side at Bristol too.
"We've had some success at Richmond over the years and it's one of my favorite places to go. We've got one last shot at getting some bonus points before the Chase, so we'll go out and do the best we can and try to pick up a win. But, if we can't do that, then we'll do the best we can and get the best finish we can. Hopefully we can continue to learn some things with the COT that might help us during the Chase."
Crew Chief Robbie Reiser on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"We're bringing a brand-new car to the track this weekend. We've applied some things that we've learned with the COT to this car and we believe that we've made some improvements with this one.
"It's been a one-race-at-a-time approach for us this year and that won't change as we move into the Chase. We haven't always had a car capable of winning, and that's something we're always trying to improve on, but we've done a pretty good job of getting the best finish possible with what we bring to the track. That's our same approach each week and it's what we have to keep doing as we get into the Chase."
Kenseth on racing in the Busch Series at Richmond International Raceway:
"Richmond is one of my favorite tracks to race at and we've been pretty successful here in the past. We just haven't been able to pull off a win in the Busch car. We came so close in the spring, but a mishap on pit road cost us the win. That was at the beginning of the year so hopefully we can pull it together now and have both a strong car and good pit stops. If we can do that then I think we can be a strong contender for the win."
Crew Chief Drew Blickensderfer on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Short tracks are definitely a strong point for Matt and he has the record to prove that at Richmond. He should have earned his first Busch win in the spring here, but a mistake on pit road there at the end cost us more track position than there was time left in the race for him to make up. Hopefully we can make up for that this time around and get a win for Matt and Arby's."