FAST FACTS * Matt Kenseth's second-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway last Sunday marked the fourth time in five consecutive Cup races at Texas, where he has finished in the top three. * Kenseth's second-place finish marked the 140th top-10...
* Matt Kenseth's second-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway last Sunday marked the fourth time in five consecutive Cup races at Texas, where he has finished in the top three.
* Kenseth's second-place finish marked the 140th top-10 finish of his career in 290 starts (48%). It's the 20th top 10 for Kenseth in the 2007 Cup Series, making it the second consecutive year Kenseth has reach 20 top 10s in Cup.
* With the second-place finish at Texas, Kenseth has now strung together three straight top-five finishes; the second time he has done so this season. The first time being: Fontana (1st), Las Vegas (4th), and Atlanta (3rd) during Feb. and Mar.
* Kenseth's average finish during the Chase at PIR is 27.0; ranking ninth among all Chase tracks.
* For the third time in 2007, Kenseth's No. 17 Ford Fusion will be painted black with the DEWALT NANO Technology paint scheme. Kenseth will also run the scheme at Homestead in the season finale.
Kenseth on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"I've always enjoyed racing at Phoenix and we've had some success there in the past. We weren't too bad there in the spring and I think we should be able to compete this weekend. Hopefully we'll continue to make up some ground with the COT and continue the momentum we've gained the past three weeks. We've only got two more chances to get a win and with the way our cars have performed down the stretch, it would be a shame not to pick up a win here at the end.
"Texas was a tough one to take, but, looking back on it, it was a pretty good finish for us. We never really had a top-five car until the end of the race. Robbie and the guys did a great job working on the car all day. We weren't too good with the sun out, but once it went down our car was pretty fast. We were probably a third-place car but got the track position we needed there at the end. I don't think I could've done anything different that would've helped us win the race besides wrecking, and that's never a good option."
Crew Chief Robbie Reiser on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"We're taking the same car we took to Richmond and we've done a good bit of work to it since then. With the way we've ran the last two times out with the COT, we'll be hoping for the same sort of performance this weekend. We were probably good enough to win at Dover but had engine troubles then we ran fifth at Martinsville, which is practically like a win for us at that place. We finished fifth out in Phoenix in the spring so I'd say, with the way we're running, expectations are pretty high heading out there.
"I can't say enough about how this team has performed of late. We had a string of terrible luck and got pretty far down in the points and we were really out of the Chase before it got started. But, they didn't hang their head and feel sorry for themselves, they've fought back and we've put together a nice little streak in the past three races. We've had cars capable of wining the last two weeks and came up a little bit short, but as long as we keep getting ourselves in position to win, then we'll get one of these before too long."
Kenseth on racing in the Busch Series at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Phoenix is a great track to race at. Each corner drives differently and you really have to have your car set-up well in order to be competitive. If it's not set-up right then you are in for a long day, but you'll have that at any track. We've had a lot of good runs so far this season, but just haven't pulled off as many wins as we should have. Phoenix is a track we generally run pretty well at so hopefully we can continue that tradition and get a good run for Arby's."
Crew Chief Drew Blickensderfer on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"The season is winding down quickly. We only have two races left so the whole team is really anxious to get another win. I think we've had some of the cars to get the job done, but have come up a little short. This is our last race with Arby's this season so we are really excited to get out there and get a good run for them."