MIAMI (November 2, 2000) -- Homestead-Miami Speedway will be hosting America's two most popular racing series in next weekend's Pennzoil 400 weekend, but that's only part of an action-packed event. Fans are urged to arrive early each day, because...
MIAMI (November 2, 2000) -- Homestead-Miami Speedway will be hosting America's two most popular racing series in next weekend's Pennzoil 400 weekend, but that's only part of an action-packed event. Fans are urged to arrive early each day, because there will be plenty of full-filled activities for the entire family.
Dale Earnhardt, Dale Jarrett, Bobby Labonte and all the NASCAR Winston Cup stars will compete in the Sunday, Nov. 12 running of the Pennzoil 400 presented by Discount Auto Parts. Saturday, fans will have the final opportunity to see Jeff Gordon and Mark Martin compete in the NASCAR Busch Series for the final time in the Miami 300. Friday is practice and qualifying for both races, with $10 unreserved grandstand seating and children 12 and under free.
Behind the grandstands, the action never stops. Fans can enjoy a variety of interactive activities, musical activities and ethnic food and drinks, while being entertained by Caribbean dancers, steel drum music and colorfully dressed junkaroos and stilt walkers.
Here are a few of the many family activities that will be taking place
"behind the grandstands" during the Pennzoil 400 weekend:
* Pepsi Tractivation will be located inside Gate 3 and will provide fans a look at the #24 Jeff Gordon Pepsi Chevrolet, which Gordon will race for the final time in Saturday's Miami 300.
* Fans can visit the Dodge display inside Gate 3 and see the latest cars and trucks that are offered from Dodge, the Official Vehicle of Homestead-Miami Speedway.
* All race Fans may take a walk down Victory Lane and have the opportunity to purchase a commemorative brick for this year's Pennzoil 400. Each brick costs $100.00 and enables fans commemorate their participation in the running of the 2000 Pennzoil 400. All fans that purchase a brick will be entered to win two Richard Petty Driving Experiences -- " Experience of a Lifetime," a $2400 value, which features 30 laps of white-knuckled, heart-pounding speed through three 10-lap sessions. Drivers will have the opportunity to improve their driving lines, increase speed and consider career changes.
* Victory lane will also feature race cars which will compete in the upcoming Grand Prix of Miami and the Grand American Road Racing Association. * Race fans will have the opportunity to play free state of the art
video games at the Prime Time Amusements video game room located on Victory Lane.
* The Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders will meet fans Sunday at Victory Lane, before performing during pre-race activities.
* Fans will also have the opportunity to stop by the Richard Petty Driving Experience booth located inside Gate 3 in front of Victory Lane. All fans who stop by can register to win a Richard Petty Driving Experience - " Rookie Experience" ( a $350 value). The lucky winner of the Rookie Experience will have the opportunity to sit behind a 3400-pound NASCAR Winston Cup car and take it for eight laps around the race track. The program lasts for three hours, but the memories will last a lifetime
* NBC-6 will have a booth inside Gate 3, where fans can see what the official network of the Pennzoil 400 has to offer. Selected talent from NBC-6 will be on hand to meet and greet race fans during the weekend.
* Fans can get their exercise by visiting Vertical Reality to try their hand at rock climbing walls, the power quad jump and slide down the inflatable cruise ship. Vertical Reality is located behind the Brugal Rum Pavillion, next to the Winston Stage.
* The Winston Pit Stop Stage will feature NASCAR crewman Dean Hall and his band play all their hits 20 minutes after Saturday's Miami 300 and Sunday's Pennzoil 400. Both performances will be two hours long, offering the opportunity to party after the race to live music.
* The Brugal Rum Pavillion is located behind the Main Grandstand, and features live music and the best frozen drinks in South Florida in a beautiful tropical setting. Sit under a palm tree and enjoy your Brugal Rum Drink and take in all the sights before, during or after the racing.
* Fans can actually sit inside several NASCAR Winston Cup show cars at the UAW-GM display, located inside between Gates 2 and 3. Fans will have their photos taken for free by UAW-GM.
* Men can follow the advice of Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin by getting a check-up at the Pfizer men's health display, located inside Gate 2 . Pfizer will interact with all male fans to make sure they are tuned up -- physically, mentally and sexually.
* Fans will have the opportunity to see the AT&T display and interact with their latest communications product in their booth in the upper midway behind Turn One. AT&T is the Official Telecommunications Service Company of Homestead-Miami Speedway.
* Fans can see some of Pontiac's hot show cars and street cars at the Pontiac display booth, located next to the AT&T display. It's a great photo opportunity!
* If you like Tony Stewart, you won't want to miss the Home Depot display located next to Pontiac on the upper midway. It's a great opportunity to take a picture with the #20 car of Tony Stewart, the defending winner of the Pennzoil 400. Fans will have the chance to interact with the many different products that Home Depot has to offer.
* Other displays in the Turn One area include the DOT "No Zone" display, Yellow Freight, Toyota, Kellogg's, Prevacid, Miccosukee Indian Gaming, the Skip Barber Racing School, the South Florida Motorsports Host Committee, Kelly Tractors-Link Belt Crane, Pepsi, Fleetwood RV and Sony. The area will have plenty of show cars, prizes and interactive displays.
Fans still have an opportunity to purchase great seats for both the Nov. 11 Miami 300 and the Nov. 12 Pennzoil 400 by calling (305) 230-RACE, by visiting any Ticketmaster Ticket Center, or by ordering online at the official Speedway web site, www.homesteadmiamispeedway.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
Parents have an excellent opportunity to share America's most exciting sport with their children on Friday's school holiday. Unreserved grandstand seats for Lennox Pole Day practice and qualifying cost $10, with children 12 and under admitted free.