No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Double Duty: Marlin will be pulling double duty this weekend, running the Target House 300 in the No.1 Busch car for Phoenix Racing. This will be Marlin's first Busch start since 2000 when he ran at Richmond ...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Double Duty: Marlin will be pulling double duty this weekend, running the Target House 300 in the No.1 Busch car for Phoenix Racing. This will be Marlin's first Busch start since 2000 when he ran at Richmond International Raceway.
* We Are Family: The Coors Light team will be going out early to Fontana to film Family Feud. Marlin will be joined by crew chief Lee McCall, team manager Tony Glover and two crew members Paul Clapprood and Steven Wolfe. The Coors Light team will go head-to-head with Elliott Sadler and his team.
* House of Blues: The Coors Light Dodge will be highlighting Coors Light's partnership with House of Blues by showcasing them on the lower rear quarter panels and the decklid for this weekend's race in California.
* Chassis: Marlin and the Coors Light crew will bring chassis #405 to California. This is a brand new car in the Coors Light stable that will be debuting this weekend for the Pop Secret 500.
* Spring Racing at California: Marlin had his highest qualifying effort this spring when he qualified eighth. However, after fighting the handling of the car for most of the day the Coors Light Dodge crossed the finish line in the 27th spot.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's sixth-place finish last week elevated him one spot to 19h in NEXTEL Cup championship points. The Coors Light Dodge now sits 372 points out of 10th place.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTE:
"I am really excited to get the opportunity to run in the Busch Series and the Cup Series this weekend. I like California Speedway and we qualified well here in the spring. I am looking forward to doubling my chances at being in victory lane this weekend."