* - Braun Racing associate sponsor, The Fraternal Order of Eagles, is responsible for founding and nationally popularizing Mother's Day (additional information available at www.foe.com) * - Both the ...
* - Braun Racing associate sponsor, The Fraternal Order of Eagles, is responsible for founding and nationally popularizing Mother's Day (additional information available at www.foe.com)
* - Both the #32 Busch and #08 Cup cars will be carrying a special Mother's Day wish on the deck lid
* - BR06 is the same car that Jamie McMurray drove to victory lane at Rockingham in 2004
* - Shane Hmiel drove BR06 to 3rd place finishes at California and Nashville earlier this season
* - BRNC002 is the same car that Shane drove at Atlanta Motor Speedway earlier this season
Shane Hmiel about Darlington Raceway:
"I am really looking forward to getting to Darlington this weekend to try and get our season back on track. The WINFUEL team has had some really bad luck the past few weeks and it's comforting to know we are going to Darlington because it is one of my favorite tracks. We are taking our favorite Busch car BR06, so I know that we will be fast and we should compete for the win. I'm also running the #08 WINFUEL Chevy in the Nextel Cup race this weekend. When we decided that we were going to run seven selected Nextel Cup races this season, Darlington was one track that I really wanted on our schedule."
Shane about Mother's Day weekend and his mom, Lisa Hmiel:
"Mother's Day is this weekend, and I am very luck to have a supportive mom who is involved in my career. My mom Lisa travels to almost all of the races and keeps everyone straight. If I ever need anything, it's nice to know that mom is there to take care of things. She has always been influential in not only my personal life, but also in my racing career."