Fast Facts * Matt Kenseth scored his first NASCAR Cup Series career victory in the Coca-Cola 600 at the Lowe's Motor Speedway in 2000. * In his twelve Cup starts at Lowe's, Kenseth has one win, four top-five's and six top-ten finishes. *...
* Matt Kenseth scored his first NASCAR Cup Series career victory in the Coca-Cola 600 at the Lowe's Motor Speedway in 2000.
* In his twelve Cup starts at Lowe's, Kenseth has one win, four top-five's and six top-ten finishes.
* Matt Kenseth will be sporting the copper and black colors of the No. 17 Carhartt/DEWALT Ford Taurus on Saturday at the Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Kenseth will be running car number 39 in the UAW-GM Quality 500. This car has seen a lot of action this season with memorable finishes of second and third at Chicagoland and Michigan II, respectively.
* Kenseth will be competing in the Busch Series event Friday night at the Lowe's Motor Speedway. He will be competing in the No. 9 Pennzoil Platinum Ford Taurus for the first of two races. The other race will be in Texas.
* Kenseth will be running car number 45 in the Busch Series event. This car won in Darlington in the spring.
* In his 13 Busch starts at Lowe's, Kenseth has two wins, two poles, seven top-five's and eight top-ten finishes.
Matt Kenseth on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway: "Charlotte has always been one of my favorite tracks, partly because I got my first Cup win there. But the track was definitely different when we raced there in the spring after they redid the surface. We had a hard crash that night and that's certainly something that we don't want to repeat. We bringing a strong car that we've had success with this season, so we should be competitive."
Crew Chief Robbie Reiser on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway: "We're looking forward to this weekend racing here at home. It's always an exciting race for the fans and we're bringing one of our best cars. Some of our teammates tested at Lowe's a few weeks ago with mixed results. Matt's Busch team tested there also and had a good run. So we'll see what we're dealing with once practice gets going."
Busch Series Crew Chief Chad Norris on Lowe's Motor Speedway: "We tested this track a couple of weeks ago and it went pretty well. There wasn't a lot of rubber down on the track and I think that will make a difference this weekend. I think once there's rubber on the track, we'll really get the car dialed in during the second practice session on Thursday."