* Travis Kvapil has recorded six Sprint Cup series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway. * Kvapil's best finish in the Sprint Cup series at Bristol Motor Speedway came in April 2005 when he finished seventh. * This weekend, Kvapil will pilot the...
* Travis Kvapil has recorded six Sprint Cup series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* Kvapil's best finish in the Sprint Cup series at Bristol Motor Speedway came in April 2005 when he finished seventh.
* This weekend, Kvapil will pilot the No. 28 Golden Corral Ford Fusion in the Food City 500. If Kvapil finishes in the top 10, kids under the age of 12 eat for free on Monday.
* In the Camping World Truck Series, Kvapil has recorded three starts at Bristol Motor Speedway with one win and three finishes in the top 11.
* Kvapil has one career Truck pole award at Bristol Motor Speedway, recorded in August 2007.
Chassis: Primary -- RK -- 516
Backup -- RK -- 530
Kvapil on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"Bristol is one of my favorite tracks that we visit. I've been pretty successful at Bristol in the past in both the trucks and the Cup series. We've had some solid runs there. I really liked the old Bristol, before they repaved it, but since then it's become a different track. Where before you had to bump the guy ahead of you off the bottom, now you can run the high line or the low line, basically wherever you could make your car work.
Ben and all the guys on the No. 28 team have done a great job over the last five weeks getting our car ready and fast when we unload at the track. Unfortunately we haven't had a lot of luck on the race track. It was tough last week when we lost the engine so early in the race. I thought we had a great car and were moving through the field pretty well. We have Golden Corral back on the car this weekend and looking forward to giving them a great finish in Bristol this weekend."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"If there is one thing important about Bristol it's qualifying. In opening practice on Friday we'll focus completely on qualifying for the race and making sure that we put ourselves in a good position for the race on Sunday. The further in the back that you qualify the tougher it is to make your way through the field and the easier it is to get lapped early into the race. I think we have a great car for this weekend's race and should have a great showing in our No. 28 Golden Corral Ford Fusion."