Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #303 at Bristol Motor Speedway. This is the first time that the car will be raced in 2005 but it is the same car the team took to test earlier in March.
* Qualifying and Racing at Bristol: Marlin has started from the second spot twice in 40 starts at Bristol Motor Speedway. His highest finish is second which he did in 1991.
* Last spring at Bristol: Marlin and the Coors Light crew used pit strategy to earn their second top-five finish in six races at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2004. The strategy during the pit stop on lap 202 also allowed Marlin to lead 67 laps and run in the top 10 the reminder of the 500 lap race. The Coors Light Dodge swapped positions several times during those last laps but never dropped out of the top five and eventually finished in the fourth position.
* Double Duty: Marlin will once again pull double duty when he gets behind the wheel of the No. 40 Dodge for FitzBradshaw this weekend.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's 16th-place finish elevated him one spot to 16th in the points standings, 37 points out of the top-10 and 242 points out of the top spot.
STEVE BOYER, CREW CHIEF QUOTES:
"The whole team is looking forward to going to Bristol this weekend because of Sterling's strong history there. He always has strong runs at Bristol and knows how to get around the track. We had a good test there earlier this month and feel like we are going to have a shot at getting the Coors Light Dodge in the winner's circle this weekend. We would certainly like to get Sterling a win on his home track this weekend."