Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis #303 to Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend. This is the same chassis that finished 14th at Darlington last week and finished fourth at Rockingham last month to give Marlin his first top-5 in a season and a half.
* Bristol Racing: During last fall's race, Marlin led 33 laps and was running in the top 5 when a late race run-in with Kurt Busch sent Marlin into the wall and eventually to a 17th-place finish.
* Bristol Motor Speedway: Marlin's has never won at Bristol, his highest finish is second which was in the Fall of 1991.
* Fascinating Fact: Since August 1992, Marlin has been running at the finish in the last 23 races at Bristol.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Thanks to Marlin's 14th-place finish last week at Darlington he now sits 16th in championship points, only 74 points out of tenth place. In the past five races Marlin has climbed from 37th to 16th.
* Don't forget to vote!: Currently fans have the opportunity to vote for one of three different No. 40 Prilosec OTC paint schemes, to be run later this season, on www.prilosecotc.com.