Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Target Dodge Target Team Fast Facts: * First Time for Everything: Sorenson recorded his first career NEXTEL Cup Series top-10 finish in the rain delayed Golden Corral 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Monday. He...
Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Target Dodge
Target Team Fast Facts:
* First Time for Everything: Sorenson recorded his first career NEXTEL Cup Series top-10 finish in the rain delayed Golden Corral 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Monday. He started the event in 15th and rallied from as far back as 30th to bring home a 10th-place finish at his hometown track.
* Paint Scheme: The No. 41 Dodge will be back to normal this weekend at Bristol sporting the familiar red and white Target paint scheme for the Food City 500.
* Movin' On Up: The Target team moved up seven positions to 25th in the overall standings with their 10th-place effort at Atlanta. Sorenson and the team are currently 56 points out of 20th and 118 out of 10th heading into Bristol.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target Team have selected chassis #205 for this weekend's race at Bristol Motor Speedway. The race will mark the first laps of competition for the car this season.
* Rookie Round Up: Sorenson captured Raybestos Rookie of the Race honors for the first time this season at Atlanta Motor Speedway, propelling him two positions in the rookie standings. He currently sits fifth with 31 points, and is 12 points behind leader Clint Bowyer.
* Busch Series Update: Mechanical failure plagued the No.41 Discount Tire team in last weekend's Busch Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, relegating them to a 42nd-place finish and dropping them to 16th in the standings. Sorenson and the team are 101 points out of the top 10.
*Note: Sorenson will be driving a special No. 41 NicoDerm CQ paint scheme in this weekend's Busch Series race at Bristol.
Reed Sorenson on Bristol Motor Speedway...
"I've been chompin' at the bit to get to Bristol in a Cup car. I grew up racing on short tracks and Bristol is definitely my favorite track on the schedule. There is nothing like racing around that place, and if your car is hooked up it's a lot of fun. We had two really strong runs there last year in the Busch car and I'm hoping we can parlay that into two strong runs this weekend in the NicoDerm CQ car on Saturday and the Target Dodge on Sunday."
Reed Sorenson on recording first NEXTEL Cup Top 10...
"It was nice to finally get a finish that we felt like we deserved. The cars I had at California and Las Vegas were better, but unfortunate circumstances took us out of contention at those tracks. Our cars have been strong at each race so far this season, and to finally get a good finish was a huge relief for everyone on this team. It was also nice to get a good finish in front of the hometown fans. Most importantly, we moved up quite a few positions in the points, which was key. After Bristol, they'll start going by this year's owner's points for the guaranteed top 35 and that finish kind of dug us out of a hole for now."