Kenseth on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway: "We've had a lot of success at Bristol over the years. Being a concrete, high-banked track that is so small, really makes Bristol stand out from other tracks on the circuit. Bristol feels like the...
Kenseth on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"We've had a lot of success at Bristol over the years. Being a concrete, high-banked track that is so small, really makes Bristol stand out from other tracks on the circuit. Bristol feels like the seats are on top of you, and the great fan atmosphere really makes it an exciting place to race. It has changed a lot since they re-configured the track surface a few years ago, although it's still fast and small, stuff definitely happens in a hurry. Qualifying is very important at Bristol since track position and pit position can really make or break your race sometimes. I'm looking forward to getting back into our Crown Royal Ford this weekend for another exciting Bristol race."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"This week is a busy week for the No. 17 Crown Royal team since we have two days of testing before we head up to Bristol for the weekend. Bristol's a place where anything can happen. We've got a lot of great momentum on our side to start the season with so far, and although Bristol is a place where our cars have struggled a bit with recently, we're very optimistic this week with the package we have in place on our car. Bristol is fast and treacherous, but hopefully we have a good balance on the car where we can qualify well on Friday and then stay out of trouble during Sunday's race."
* In 20 Cup starts at Bristol, Kenseth has completed 9,725 of 10,013 laps (97.1 percent) and led for 742
* Kenseth has an average starting position of 18.4 and an average finishing position of 13.1 at BMS
* Kenseth has achieved two wins, seven top-fives, and twelve top-10's at Bristol in the Cup series
* This weekend at Bristol, Kenseth will pilot the No. 17 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the Food City 500 at Bristol, Kenseth is currently second in the NSCS driver point standings