* Kyle Busch is coming off a win in last week's Kobalt Tools 500 in Atlanta. * Busch won the debut race of the Car of Tomorrow in last year's Bristol race (March '07). * In six Cup starts at Bristol, Busch has completed an impressive ...
* Kyle Busch is coming off a win in last week's Kobalt Tools 500 in Atlanta.
* Busch won the debut race of the Car of Tomorrow in last year's Bristol race (March '07).
* In six Cup starts at Bristol, Busch has completed an impressive 95.9 percent of the laps run.
* Since spring 2006, Busch has four consecutive top-10 finishes at Bristol.
Busch Quotes for week leading up to Bristol Motor Speedway
What are your thoughts on returning to Bristol, a place where you won the first COT race?
"Last year what we learned at Bristol, of course you want to take some of that to the racetrack again this year. But the first race, the race that I won last year, was still on the old concrete and the old configuration of Bristol, but we learned some stuff in the fall race that helped us some. We didn't run as well as we would have wanted to then. But when we got out front we were able to pull away from the leaders, and that was pretty satisfying. So we just need to make sure that we can go to Bristol and we try to qualify well and keep our car up front, get a good pit selection and be able to keep our car up front like we did this past weekend. I think that's the key with this car is track position. It's more vital than ever before because you can't pass as well as you used to be able to, so you have to be able to keep your car up front all day."
How has this week been after coming off such a big win in Atlanta?
"This week has been good. I've been in a race car every day this week. We've been testing with our Late Model team in Hickory (N.C.) and then with our Truck team in Martinsville. It's been busy so I haven't had a lot of time to relax and enjoy the win, but that's fine with me. But yeah, it was definitely great getting the win and taking that Snickers car and this (No.) 18 team back to victory lane for Joe Gibbs Racing. There's a lot of history behind this team and I'm glad we were able to hopefully show what this team is made of. Steve [Addington] and all the guys have been great to work with. Everybody's been working so hard and I feel fortunate to be driving for this team."