Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #208 to compete in the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway. Chassis #208 is the same car McMurray raced to a third-place finish with last August in Bristol. Chassis #208 also competed at tracks in Loudon, N.H., Martinsville, Va. and Phoenix, Ariz. last season. In four starts in 2003, Chassis #208 posted one top-five, three top-10 and four top-15 finishes.
* McMurray Notes: McMurray heads into Bristol looking to get Lady Luck on his side. McMurray has experienced bad luck in the last two races with an engine failure and pit road miscues costing the team shots at victory. In the first five races, McMurray has posted two top-five finishes. McMurray currently sits 19th in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points, only 94 points out of the NASCAR Top 10.
* McMurray has posted one top-five and one top-15 finish in his two previous NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway. He finished third last August in the Sharpie 500.
* The Joplin, Mo. native was named the 2003 NASCAR Raybestos Rookie of the Year
* McMurray competed in all 36 races in 2003, scoring five top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, along with one Bud Pole Award. He finished 13th in the final 2003 point standings.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Thoughts on Bristol: "Bristol's one of those places that if you can stay out of trouble, you'll have a good day and get a good finish. Things just happen so fast at Bristol. To me, it's the one track that you really get the sensation of speed. I don't know if it's the 36-degree banking, or the fact that you're always going through a corner because you're going down the straight-aways so fast, but Bristol is the place for me that my body feels the 'speed factor.'
"I'm looking forward to Bristol. We finished third there last August and finished just outside the top-10 there last spring. Hopefully we can get some luck on our side after the past two weeks. I feel like we've had a shot to win two or three races already this season, but just have not been able to capitalize at the end. This Texaco/Havoline team is really strong, now we just need to find our way to victory lane."