M&M's Team Notes of Interest * Kyle Busch maintains the Sprint Cup Series points lead for the 14th consecutive week, dating back to Richmond (5/3/08). * Kyle won at Bristol Motor Speedway (3/25/07) in the debut of the Car of Tomorrow. * Kyle...
M&M's Team Notes of Interest
* Kyle Busch maintains the Sprint Cup Series points lead for the 14th consecutive week, dating back to Richmond (5/3/08).
* Kyle won at Bristol Motor Speedway (3/25/07) in the debut of the Car of Tomorrow.
* Kyle has earned four top-10s in seven career starts at Bristol. In those seven starts he has completed 96 percent of the laps run.
* The No. 18 Team will be bringing chassis #160, the same car they won with at Dover in June of this year.
* Kyle Busch will be available to media at Bristol at 1:40pm EDT on Friday, August 22 behind the No. 18 M&M's hauler.
Busch Quotes for week leading up to the Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway
Has Bristol changed the last couple of years with it being so late leading into the 'Chase'?
"A little bit for the other guys. Guys that are down eight through 14th are fighting to get a spot in the 'Chase.' It's different for those guys. They've got to watch their P's and Q's and mind what's going on and seeing what's going on at the race track and what's going on around them. So, they can't take as many chances. I think years ago it was just a race where everybody could (be more aggressive), and now it's sort of tamed it a little bit. With the track being a three-groove race track there's a lot more room that everybody can drive around it so it's kind of cooled off a little bit in that sense, too."
Do you feel there are any weaknesses in your program in the next three races leading up to the Chase?
"In the next three races, no, I feel like those tracks are going to be all right. Loudon we've got to work on, Martinsville and Phoenix. Those are the racetracks that I feel like we're going to -- I feel like we need to gain on. I don't feel like we struggled there in the first part of the year, but we just need to get better at qualifying up front at those tracks so we don't have to fight for track position all day and we can just run our own race and try to keep up in the top five, top 10. But other than that, if we can get better at passing guys, too, at those tracks, that'll make it easier."
Primary Chassis #160: Best Start: 3rd (Dover -- 6/1/08) Best Finish: 1st (Dover -- 6/1/08) Most Recent Result: 1st (Dover -- 6/1/08)
Back-up Chassis #202: Best Start: 1st (Chicago -- 7/12/08) Best Finish: 1st (Chicago -- 7/12/08) Most Recent Result: 1st (Chicago -- 7/12/08)