Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Race for the Chase: Jamie McMurray and the No. 42 Team slipped one position to 10th in the standings for the 2005 "Chase for the NEXTEL Cup" after their 20th-place effort in the last event at ...
Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Race for the Chase: Jamie McMurray and the No. 42 Team slipped one position to 10th in the standings for the 2005 "Chase for the NEXTEL Cup" after their 20th-place effort in the last event at Michigan International Speedway. They are only 59 points out of ninth, 71 out of eighth place and 197 out of fifth heading into the 24th race of the season. There are only three races remaining before the cut off for "The Chase".
* On the Right Track: McMurray has one top-five finish, three top-10 finishes and an average finish 10.6 in five starts at Bristol Motor Speedway. He finished seventh in last year's Sharpie 500.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline Team have selected what is clearly McMurray's favorite chassis (#403) for this weekend's race at Bristol. The car has previously run in 10 races this season with top 10 finishes coming at California (fourth-place finish), Texas (second), Darlington (sixth) and the first Pocono (10th).
* Battle at the Bullring: McMurray tested at Bristol Motor Speedway on Tues., Aug 16 in preparation for the grueling 500-lap duel at the ½ mile, high-back short track.
* Double Duty: In addition to his NEXTEL Cup Series duties, McMurray will be competing in Friday night's Busch Series race at Bristol driving the No. 64 Rusty Wallace Inc. entry. This will be his 12th start of the 2005 season
Jamie McMurray on Bristol:
"This weekend's race at Bristol is incredibly important for us. We were able to put a little distance between us and 11th on back in the points last week, but we also lost a little to the guys just in front of us. This will be an interesting race because so much can happen at Bristol and most of it is out of your control. This race could definitely change up the points significantly, especially the guys from seventh to 13th. Hopefully we'll miss the wrecks, run up front all night and get a good solid finish out of it.
"We've run well at Bristol in the past and we had a strong test there just a couple of weeks ago. We're taking one of my favorite cars and I'm counting on it to run good this weekend. I know the guys will do a great job getting it race ready, so from there is just making smart decisions on the track and on pit road."