Dodge Driver Bristol Motor Speedway Quick Notes * Ryan Newman (No. 12 Alltel Dodge Charger) holds the qualifying record at Bristol Motor Speedway. He established the all-time track mark in March 2003, when he turned a qualifying lap of...
Dodge Driver Bristol Motor Speedway Quick Notes
* Ryan Newman (No. 12 Alltel Dodge Charger) holds the qualifying record at Bristol Motor Speedway. He established the all-time track mark in March 2003, when he turned a qualifying lap of 128.709 mph (14.908 seconds). It was on that qualifying run that Newman earned the nickname "Rocket Man" from the television broadcasters covering the event. Newman has earned two poles (2003, 2004), one top five and six top-10's at Bristol.
* Bobby Labonte and the No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge Charger look to build on recent success at BMS. Seven of Labonte's ten top 10s at Bristol have been recorded in the last eight years and all three of his top-5 finishes have been recorded in the past six years.
* Kasey Kahne dominated the most recent race at Bristol Motor Speedway in March. He started from the pole, posted the fastest lap of the race and led 305 of the 500 laps in the fall race last year. The only thing he didn't do was win the race. He finished second to Carl Edwards.
* Kurt Busch posted his first career victory in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Bristol. It came in the spring race in 2002 in his sophomore season. Busch also has the most recent Dodge win at BMS. He won the spring event in 2006. He has five of his 17 career wins at BMS.
* Richard Petty provided Dodge with its only sweep at the .533-mile track as he claimed the win in both events during the 1975 season. He didn't start on the pole for either race, but did have a top-five starting spot. Kurt Busch swept both races in 2003, but that was before he joined the Dodge ranks and Penske Racing.
* Dodge drivers with wins at Bristol include Petty, Busch, David Pearson and Bobby Allison.
-credit: dodge motorsports