No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes * This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will bring chassis PRS-620 to Thunder Valley for this weekend's 500-lap race at Bristol Motor Speedway. PRS-620 is a new car to the No.12 Penske...
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will bring chassis PRS-620 to Thunder Valley for this weekend's 500-lap race at Bristol Motor Speedway. PRS-620 is a new car to the No.12 Penske Dodge fleet but was tested at Dover International Speedway two weeks ago in a Goodyear tire test.
* Come and See Me... Driver David Stremme will be signing autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Saturday, August 22, beginning at 4:30 pm ET. The Penske Racing trailer is located along the frontstretch at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* Ten Million Dollar Man... With his top-15 finish last weekend at Michigan International Speedway, Stremme surpassed the $10 million mark in career Cup Series winnings.
* Stremme at Snap-on... Stremme will visit the Snap-on Tools manufacturing facility in Elizabeth, Tennessee on Thursday, August 20. Snap-on has been a valued partner of Penske Racing for over 28 years.
* Bristol by the Numbers... Penske Racing has 71 starts at Thunder Valley in the NASCAR Cup Series. Among those starts, the team has collected eight victories to go along with 21 top-five and 36 top-10 finishes. Penske Racing cars have an average starting spot of 11.8 and an average finishing position of 15.4 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
David Stremme on driving at Bristol Motor Speedway
"The Bristol night race is one of the coolest races of the year. It is one of the races on the schedule that has an atmosphere you can't describe. The fans are so close to the action and you can hear them cheer over the roar of the engines. You can feel the electricity that surrounds Bristol Motor Speedway. Racing under the lights at a half-mile speedway brings all of us back to our roots. Saturday night short track racing is where most of us in the garage area fell in love with racing. I am looking forward to going back."
"Things happen so quick at Bristol. You have to be on your toes for the entire 500 laps. As a driver, it is one of the most physically demanding tracks we go to. After the race you are both physically and mentally drained. I know (crew chief) Roy (McCauley) has been working really hard on our short track program and I am confident we are going to have another solid performance on Saturday night in Thunder Valley."
Roy McCauley on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway
"I love going to Bristol. It is a race track where the fans sit right on top of the track and can see the entire speedway. It is one of those places you can't describe. The atmosphere is electric. We have learned some things in the last couple of weeks that have paid dividends on the track. I think they will pay off again this weekend. We had a solid run at Bristol in the spring race, and I feel we are a better race team now. We just need to keep all four fenders on it all day and I am confident we will have a solid run."