Ragan on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway: "We are really looking for a strong run this weekend in Bristol. We have a good game plan going there to get our UPS Ford fast in race trim and also try to qualify well. It's very important to start up...
Ragan on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"We are really looking for a strong run this weekend in Bristol. We have a good game plan going there to get our UPS Ford fast in race trim and also try to qualify well. It's very important to start up front at Bristol since it's such a short track. Night racing is always exciting, and 500 laps on a half-mile short track is fun for us as drivers and fun for fans to watch. Hopefully we have a fast and good-handling UPS Ford to survive all 500 laps and be there at the end."
Crew chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"We had a good finish get away from us last weekend in Michigan, but we won't let that happen this weekend. We struggled at Bristol in the spring, but it's a place we've run well at in the past and I'm confident we can do it again. We've got to qualify well and stay out of trouble to get a solid finish with our UPS Ford."
* Ragan has five prior starts in the Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway. His best finish was 10th in the fall of 2009.
* Ragan has completed 96.3% of the laps he's raced at Bristol.
* Ragan will be behind the wheel of the No. 6 Discount Tire Ford in the Nationwide race Friday night. Ragan has five previous Nationwide starts at Bristol. Two of those starts resulted in top-10 finishes.
* Ragan has competed twice in the Truck Series at Bristol.
* UPS Maximum Center Recognition--Bristol Motor Speedway The Whites Creek East Center (SLIC - 3715) in the Tennessee District was selected for the August 22 Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The selection was made based on the center's May, June, and July Center Rank & Rate results.