Target Team Facts: * Keeps going and going...: The No. 41 Dodge will sport a new paint scheme for the Sharpie 500 this weekend, and will feature the one and only Energizer Bunny! Energizer, a major associate sponsor of the...
Target Team Facts:
* Keeps going and going...: The No. 41 Dodge will sport a new paint scheme for the Sharpie 500 this weekend, and will feature the one and only Energizer Bunny! Energizer, a major associate sponsor of the No. 41 Target Dodge, will become the primary sponsor for one of the most exiting races of the season. The familiar red and white Target car will now carry the black, orange and silver colors of Energizer.
* Championship Standings: Casey Mears and the Target team are holding strong in the 16th position in the NASCAR Nextel Cup standings. The 16th-place standing is still an improvement of 18 positions over his 2003 season.
* Qualifying: Since Mears took consecutive pole positions at Pocono and Indianapolis, rain has put a damper on Nextel Cup qualifying. Mears best qualifying effort at Bristol Motor Speedway is 24th from earlier this season. In fact, the two of the three provisionals Mears used in 2003 were at the .5-mile track.
* Bristol: Mears and the team are looking for their first top-10 finish at Bristol Motor Speedway. His best finish at the short track is 21st. Earlier this season, a piece of debris punctured the radiator of the No. 41 before Ricky Rudd bounced off the wall and into Mears.
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge is bringing chassis #308 to Bristol this weekend. This chassis has been run three times already this season at Darlington, Dover and Loudon. Mears' best finish in this particular chassis is 15th at Darlington.
Casey Mears Quotes:
On Bristol... "Bristol is a tough track," said Mears. "I struggle in qualifying quite a bit, but in the spring I felt like I could have put together a pretty good finish before we had a problem with the radiator. It is one of the tracks you want to run well at because it is such an electrifying race. The excitement of short-track racing under the lights is unbelievable. This is the race where you can almost feel the fans in the stands.
"We have a different paint scheme this week with Energizer coming on board as the primary sponsor for this race. I hope we can go out, keep all the fenders on the No. 41 and give them a great show. They have been a big supporter of this race team and it would be great to repay them with a good finish in the Energizer Dodge."