Carl Edwards on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway: "We're coming off of a great, great run at Michigan. We're going to go to Bristol with the first goal being to finish the race. Our second goal will be to have the same success that we've had the...
Carl Edwards on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"We're coming off of a great, great run at Michigan. We're going to go to Bristol with the first goal being to finish the race. Our second goal will be to have the same success that we've had the last couple years in the night race there. I'm really confident at that racetrack. I enjoy racing there. I'm a little nervous about the double-file restart there though. It has the potential to cause a lot of stress for the guys that are points racing. That'll be interesting to see how that plays out. There's no more exciting event on the schedule than the Bristol night race, so it should be fun."
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"We were able to open that gap up between us and 13th place a little with our run at Michigan but we are still looking at a one-race caution. I will rest easy once we are locked in The Chase and only then. This weekend's race at Bristol will be very important since it's such an unpredictable race. The key to success there is not wrecking, having a fast car and minimizing mistakes. We tend to run better at the night race than we do in the spring. We've won the night race the last two years so I'd like to continue that trend Saturday."
* CARL EDWARDS will make his 11th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend in the Sharpie 500. In his previous Cup starts at BMS, Edwards has one pole, two wins, three top-five and four top-10 finishes.
* FOR THE RECORD... Edwards' average NSCS start at Bristol Motor Speedway is 23.2; his average finish is 13.9. Edwards has completed 96.6% of the all laps attempted at Bristol.
* Edwards has won races at Bristol Motor Speedway in all three of NASCAR's elite series.
* Bristol is the only track on the Cup circuit where Edwards has started from the pole and won the race. He completed this feat in August of 2008. He has also won the last two consecutive night races at Bristol.
* REWIND 2008... Edwards came into Bristol Motor Speedway as one of the hottest drivers in NASCAR. Having scored wins in two of the last three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, Edwards continued his roll by picking up his first pole of the 2008 season. Not content to finish second, Edwards utilized the bump-and-run with 30 laps to go and put his No. 99 Ford to the front of the field, and would hold on to pick up his sixth win of the 2008 season.
* CURRENTLY.... Edwards enters Bristol fourth in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings, 505 markers behind Tony Stewart. In 2009, Edwards has achieved seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes.