Elliott Sadler excited about return to Bristol. "It makes you feel good to be able to run up front like we did all day, running in the top five. We'll move on to Bristol." -Elliott Sadler on gaining team momentum in ...
Elliott Sadler excited about return to Bristol.
"It makes you feel good to be able to run up front like we did all
day, running in the top five. We'll move on to Bristol."
-Elliott Sadler on gaining team momentum in Darlington...
View from the driver's seat with Elliott Sadler...
"I love Bristol. It's the fastest half mile in the world and is like a huge cereal bowl. Driving there is real physical on the drivers but it's so fun for the fans. We beat and bang on each other all day long at Bristol for 500 laps. I like the night race a little more than the day race, because there seems to be a little more excitement -- if that's possible. It's tracks like this that really make my job worth while -- 180,000 screaming fans on their feet is hard to describe. Racing at Bristol is always special to me because I won my first Winston Cup race there."
View from on top of the Pit Box with Crew Chief Raymond Fox III:
"We definitely want to have a good qualifying run, but now days it doesn't seem like there is much stock in if you have a pit on the front or backstretch anymore. The last two winners of this race came from pits on the backstretch. We just want to keep the momentum of this young team going."
View from above the track with Spotter Brett Griffin:
"Bristol is my favorite track on the circuit. It's fast, non-stop action from the time the guys leave pit road until the end of the race. Everything is always a few seconds in front of the drivers because Bristol is so small, but yet so fast. There are 150,000 screaming fans and lots of fireworks for them to watch. When you hear the crowd scream, that means there's a pass for the lead or a huge wreck. Either way it always gets my attention."
"M&M's"® Racing Bits and Pieces...
- Elliott Sadler will make his 150th NASCAR Winston Cup Series start at Martinsville Speedway on April 13th.
- Elliott Sadler's first Winston Cup Series win came at Bristol Motor Speedway in his 75th start. Sadler drove for Wood Brothers Racing.
- Sadler moved from 27th place in the point standings after Las Vegas to 10th place after last weekend.
- Sadler has three top-10's so far this season, and had 9 in his career prior to 2003.
FIND ALL GOLD: M&M's is a sponsor of the 2003 Special Olympics Team USA. M&M's® Brand support helps athletes and coaches train for and compete in the 2003 World Summer Games in Dublin, Ireland. Collect specially-marked "M&M's"® Brand wrappers and send in the entire wrapper containing a Special Olympics non-winning game symbol to this address and "M&M's"® Brand will donate 50 cents for each wrapper received.
M&M's ® Brand Special Olympics
Keep Wrappers to Keep Dreams Alive PO Box 5074 Blair, NE 68009-5074
- Bristol: Friday, March 21st- Weather permitting Elliott will sign autographs at the No. 38 "M&M's" trackside souvenir trailer after qualifying on Friday. The first 250 people in line will receive arm bands for the signing.
- Texas: * Friday, March 28th -SpeedZone on Friday, March 28 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM. Elliott will be signing autographs and racing against the fans on the Slick Trax. Autograph vouchers will be distributed starting at 5:00 PM on March 28. Fans can come by SpeedZone from March 14-March 23 to register for a chance to race. SpeedZone is located at I-35 and Walnut Hill in Dallas. Call 972-247-RACE or go to www.speedzone.com for more information..
- If you lined up all the "M&M's"® produced in one year you could travel from New York to LA 586 times.