Ragan on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway: "Bristol is one of my favorite tracks on the schedule; it's always a lot of fun. I do like the night race a little more than the Sunday afternoon race, but regardless, 500 laps at Bristol is always a...
Ragan on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"Bristol is one of my favorite tracks on the schedule; it's always a lot of fun. I do like the night race a little more than the Sunday afternoon race, but regardless, 500 laps at Bristol is always a fun time. We've gotten some good testing in this week and are ready to get back to the track after the off weekend. We've got a good car for this weekend so we'll look to qualify well since it's a short track and qualifying position will be important. Hopefully we'll have a fast good-handling UPS Ford and survive 500 laps and be there at the end."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"Track position is so important at a place like Bristol. With so many cars on a half-mile surface it can be all too easy to go a lap down or get caught up in a wreck. We're heading into this weekend coming off an off-weekend and we did some testing this week. We've got a fast UPS Ford and we should be good for this weekend. David really enjoys these short tracks and even got a Nationwide win at Bristol last fall."
* Ragan has six prior starts in the Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway. His best finish was 10th in the fall of 2008.
* Ragan has completed 96.9% of the laps he's raced at Bristol.
* Ragan won the fall Nationwide race at Bristol in 2009.
* Ragan has competed twice in the Truck Series at Bristol.
* UPS Maximum Center Recognition--Bristol Motor Speedway The Whites Creek East Center (SLIC - 3715) in the Tennessee District was selected as the Maximum Center for the March 21, Food City 500 as part of the UPS Center Recognition Program. The Whites Creek East Center, the best ranking center in the district thus far in 2010, is recognized for its exceptional service performance. This marks back-to-back races that Whites Creek East has been selected as the Maximum Center for the Bristol NASCAR event, with the last time occurring August of 2009.