Carl Edwards on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway: "In the Cup races at Bristol we've had a lot of success in the night races there, but we haven't been able to get a win during the day races. Bob (Osborne) and I have been talking about that and...
Carl Edwards on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"In the Cup races at Bristol we've had a lot of success in the night races there, but we haven't been able to get a win during the day races. Bob (Osborne) and I have been talking about that and figuring out a way to be better at these day races at Bristol. We had a terrible day at Atlanta two weeks ago so this is a track we feel like we can come back to and rebound, and hopefully get ourselves back up in the top 10 in points."
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"The key to Bristol is survival. You can have the fastest car there, but you have to keep the fenders on it and race every lap. It is one of the tracks where qualifying well is important because you want to start up front and get a good pit stall. We've definitely got the pit crew to keep Carl up front. It's a challenging track because of how quickly everything happens there for the drivers and crew chiefs."
* Carl Edwards enters Bristol 20th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings, 47 markers behind 12th place, and 209 points behind the leader. He has earned one top-10 finish this season.
* FOR THE RECORD... In 11 starts at the 0.533-mile bullring, Edwards has two wins, three top-five, four top-10 finishes and one pole. His average start is 24.0, and his average finish is 14.1. Edwards has completed 5343 of 5513 (96.9%) laps attempted at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* IN THE LOOP... According to NASCAR's Loop Statistics compiled over the last 11 races at Bristol, Edwards has turned 220 of the track's fastest laps which is fifth highest, spent 3,196 laps (63.8%) in the top 15 and led a total of 282 laps. Edwards' driver rating is 12th best among active drivers.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 99 will carry the Scotts Turf Builder paint scheme at Bristol. The No. 99 crew will unload RK-596 for the weekend. Edwards most recently raced this car at Dover in Sept. (finished 11th) and Bristol in August (finished 16th) in 2009.
* REWIND, BRISTOL, MARCH 2009... After struggling to find speed during each of the weekend's practice sessions and qualifying a disappointing 38th, the No. 99 team faced an uphill battle. But true to form, the team surmounted the hurdles and left Bristol Motor Speedway with a 15th-place finish.