Brent Dewar Announces Help Chevy Help Autism Chevrolet Supports Autism Speaks' Efforts to Boost Awareness and Raise Funds for Autism Research Chevrolet will donate from $500,000 up to $1 million to Autism Speaks when consumers take virtual...
Brent Dewar Announces Help Chevy Help Autism
Chevrolet Supports Autism Speaks' Efforts to Boost Awareness and Raise Funds for Autism Research
Chevrolet will donate from $500,000 up to $1 million to Autism Speaks when consumers take virtual test drives of the all-new Chevy Malibu during Autism Awareness Month
Help Chevy Help Autism Fact Sheet
* Autism Speaks and Chevrolet announced a month-long promotion to help generate up to $1 million for the non-profit organization and create greater awareness of autism, a disorder that is now diagnosed in one in every 150 children. During April -- Autism Awareness Month -- people who go to the Autism Speaks website (www.autismspeaks.org), can click on the "Help Chevy Help Autism" icon and take a free virtual test drive of the 2008 North American Car of the Year -- the all-new Chevy Malibu. Chevrolet has committed to a minimum contribution of $500,000, but every virtual test drive taken gets Chevrolet closer to its goal of donating up to $1 million to Autism Speaks to support its mission of increasing awareness of autism and raising money to fund autism research. Those who participate in the virtual test drive will be offered a free 30-day online trial of XM Satellite Radio.
* Brent Dewar, General Motors North America Vice President of Field Sales, Service and Parts announced the month-long Help Chevy Help Autism program at Texas Motor Speedway prior to the Samsung 500
o Effective June 1, 2008 Dewar as been appointed GM Europe Vice President, Sales, Marketing and Aftersales
* The 2008 Z06 Corvette pace car is carrying decals promoting Help Chevy Help Autism and was on display in victory lane at Texas Motor Speedway
* The Impala SS race cars fielded by Richard Childress Racing and driven by Kevin Harvick, Jeff Burton and Clint Bowyer are all carrying Help Chevy Help Autism decals throughout the month of April in support of the program
* TO HELP CHEVY HELP AUTISM - In addition to accessing the virtual test drive through autismspeaks.org, consumers may access the "Help Chevy Help Autism" icon to take a virtual test drive during April via the Chevrolet website (www.chevy.com), the OnStar website (www.onstar.com) and nearly 4,000 Chevrolet dealer websites.
* April is Autism Awareness Month. Autism is a complex brain disorder that inhibits a person's ability to communicate and develop social relationships, and is often accompanied by extreme behavioral challenges.
o 67 children are diagnosed per day, a new case is diagnosed almost every 20 minutes
o More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
o Autism spectrum disorders are diagnosed in one in 150 children in the United States, affecting four times as many boys as girls.
o The diagnosis of autism has increased tenfold in the last decade. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called autism a national public health crisis whose cause and cure remain unknown.
* Autism Speaks is dedicated to increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders, to funding research into the causes, prevention and treatments for autism, and to advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. It was founded in February 2005 by Suzanne and Bob Wright, the grandparents of a child with Autism. Bob Wright is Vice Chairman, General Electric, and served as chief executive officer of NBC for more than twenty years. To learn more about Autism Speaks, please visit www.autismspeaks.org/.
-credit: gm racing