Reed Sorenson No. 41 Fujifilm Dodge Atlanta Advance... Target Team Fast Facts: * Homecoming: This weekend's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) will be a homecoming of sorts for Reed Sorenson, who hails from Peachtree City, Ga. ...
No. 41 Fujifilm Dodge Atlanta Advance...
Target Team Fast Facts:
* Homecoming: This weekend's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) will be a homecoming of sorts for Reed Sorenson, who hails from Peachtree City, Ga. AMS is the site of Sorenson's first NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start, which came last fall. Sorenson started the event 22nd and finished 41st after an accident that took him out of contention on lap 133 of 325.
* Paint Scheme: The No. 41 Dodge will boast a different look in the Golden Coral 500. Fujifilm will serve as the primary sponsor for the event. To coincide with the paint scheme, a Reed Sorenson photo diary will be posted on www.fujifilm.com, commemorating his homecoming and the week's events. Additionally, Fujifilm is encouraging fans planning to attend the AMS race to wear Fujifilm green, white and red, or other apparel, in support of Sorenson. Brand ambassadors are set to scour AMS this coming weekend in search of the three most enthusiastic and colorful Reed Sorenson fans, and those chosen will receive a complementary prize package from Fujifilm that includes a FinePix V10 digital camera -- the same model used by Sorenson to record his photo diary -- a 1GB xD Picture Card and a specially-fitted FinePix V10 camera case.
* Georgia Motorsports Day: Sorenson will be on hand to recognize the history and importance of motorsports in his home state at the Georgia Motorsports Day press conference to be held at the Georgia State Capital on Thurs. Mar. 16 at 10 a.m. ET. Governor Sonny Perdue, Senator John Douglas, Ed Clark, president, Atlanta Motor Speedway, and NASCAR drivers Jeff Burton, John Andretti, Bill Lester and David Ragan will also be in attendance.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target Team have selected chassis #404 for this weekend's race at AMS. This will mark the first weekend of competition for this chassis in 2006. This chassis was driven once last season by Casey Mears in the NEXTEL All-Star Open.
* Rookie Round Up: Sorenson currently sits in seventh place in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year race with 19 points. He is 16 points behind leader Clint Bowyer.
* NEXTEL Cup Points Position: The Target team dropped to 32nd in the overall standings after a blown tire in last week's event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway relegated the team to a 41st-place finish. Sorenson and the team are 82 points out of 20th.
* Busch Series Update: Sorenson finished 10th in last weekend's Busch Series race, propelling the Discount Tire team to 11th place in the standings.
Reed Sorenson on Atlanta Motor Speedway...
"I always look forward to getting back to the Atlanta area. Now that the schedule is so hectic, it's about the only time I get to visit with friends and family. Also, the fan support is incredible and there is nothing better than competing in front of a hometown crowd. We've got a busy week down there promoting the Fujifilm car and taking part in Georgia Motorsports Day. Besides that, we've got a full weekend of track activity in the Cup and Busch cars."
"As far as the track goes, we haven't had the best results there but I'm hoping to change all of that this weekend. I made my first NEXTEL Cup start at the track last year, which was very special to me. The track is extremely fast and it has many different grooves which makes it fun to race on. Our luck hasn't been great so far this season in the Cup car, but our cars have been good everywhere we've been. We just have to get all of this bad luck behind us and I can't think of a better place to get our first top 10 of the season than at Atlanta."