"The events from the first three races from 2004 have been really challenging to except. Our performance has been fantastic in some cases, so at least we can hang our hat on that. Good times are ahead. I have had a lot of strong cars at Atlanta...
"The events from the first three races from 2004 have been really
challenging to except. Our performance has been fantastic in some cases,
so at least we can hang our hat on that. Good times are ahead. I have
had a lot of strong cars at Atlanta (Motor Speedway) over my career and I
do not think this trip is going to be an exception. We had a good run
there last fall and even though we didn't finish, we learned a lot about
the set up. We hope to get our ship sailing in smoother waters this
-- Michael Waltrip heading to Atlanta Motor Speedway
Numbers at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
* 37 is the number of times Waltrip has run a NEXTEL Cup event at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* 5 (fifth) is his best start (2001) and his best finish (1991).
* 111 is the number of times Waltrip has driven a Cup race for DEI and NAPA AUTO PARTS.
* 573 is the number of career Cup races Waltrip has run to date.
* 19 is the chassis number Waltrip is scheduled to drive in the Golden Corral 500. This car was tested at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in January. According to crew chief Slugger Labbe, the car is the most well balanced car the team has which is why they chose to prepare it for Atlanta, GA.
* 2 is the number of times this car has been to the wind tunnel.
* 3 is the number of Waltrip's sponsors headquartered in Atlanta (NAPA, Coca-Cola, Aaron's).
Waltrip in SPEED Channel Booth:
While most driver's take Saturday afternoon away from the racetrack, Michael will don SPEED Channel attire and commentate the Truck race which can be seen at 1:00 p.m. (ET).
Veteran Tire Changer Becomes First-Time Dad: Greg Osborne, rear tire changer for the No. 15 NAPA Chevrolet, and his wife Heather, welcomed a new member to their family on Wednesday, March 10 at 10:35 p.m. Riley Madison was born at Lake Norman Regional Hospital weighing in at 8 pounds and 22 inches long. Riley is the first child for Greg and Heather.