MARTIN LOOKS FOR STRONG RUN IN ATLANTA After a solid outing in Las Vegas, Mark Martin and the No. 8 U.S. Army/Dale Earnhardt Inc. Team head to Atlanta where they will look to build on their third-place qualifying effort and top-10 finish ...
MARTIN LOOKS FOR STRONG RUN IN ATLANTA
After a solid outing in Las Vegas, Mark Martin and the No. 8 U.S. Army/Dale Earnhardt Inc. Team head to Atlanta where they will look to build on their third-place qualifying effort and top-10 finish last weekend.
FOURTH ANNUAL MARK MARTIN FAN APPRECIATION DAYS
Martin will host the fourth annual Mark Martin Fan Appreciation Days and Open House at his museum and dealership in Batesville, Arkansas on March 21 and 22. Martin will be joined by Dale Earnhardt Inc. teammate Aric Almirola along with, Ken Schrader, Joey Logano and MotoX Champion Ricky Carmichael. Martin will be on hand both days signing autographs and taking questions from fans.
"Atlanta's a big, fast racetrack, and I've always enjoyed racing there. The pavement has gotten a little older and it has finally given up and made it a really fun place to race again. From top-to-bottom, it's one of the best places that we go, and it usually makes for a great show and a great race. We ran a lot better last weekend in Las Vegas and I'm excited about getting to Atlanta and seeing what we can do to build on that this weekend.
"Tony (Gibson) and the guys on this No. 8 U.S. Army Team continue to do an outstanding job. I really enjoy working with these guys and I'm looking forward to getting some more races under our belts. They have done an outstanding job in the pits and the cars are getting better each week. Hopefully we can go to Atlanta and put together another strong run and a solid finish."
* Martin has tallied 22 top 10s and 13 top fives at Atlanta, with top-five runs in four of the last seven.
* Martin has won twice at Atlanta. Both wins came in the fall race ('91 & '94).
* Martin has started in the top 10 in 26 of his 44 races at Atlanta. He has started inside the top five 18 times. He has earned one pole (3/92) and has started on the front row six times.
* Martin scored his first top 10 at Atlanta in only this second start there on November 7, 1982.
* Martin has led 924 laps at Atlanta, including 227 in the fall of 2004.
* Martin has three wins and two poles in the Nationwide Series car at Atlanta.