Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #304 to compete in the Golden Corral 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. McMurray has raced Chassis #304 in the last two races. McMurray finished third at Rockingham and fourth in Las Vegas with Chassis #304. Chassis #304 was raced eight times during the 2003 season and scored two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* McMurray Notes: McMurray heads into Atlanta debuting in the NASCAR Top 10. After two top-five finishes in a row, he is tied for eighth in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points, only 138 points behind leader Matt Kenseth. This marks the first time in his NASCAR NEXTEL Cup career that he has ranked in the NASCAR Top 10.
* McMurray has one NASCAR Busch Series victory at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* 2004 marks Jamie McMurray's sophomore season behind the wheel of the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series. The Joplin, Mo. native was named the 2003 NASCAR Raybestos Rookie of the Year
* McMurray competed in all 36 races in 2003, scoring five top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, along with one Bud Pole Award. He finished 13th in the final 2003 point standings.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Thoughts on Atlanta: "I'm really excited about heading into Atlanta. If you look back at our results from last year at Atlanta, they're not too impressive, but I feel like we've learned a lot about our cars since the last race there. We're taking the same car that we ran with in Rockingham two weeks ago and Las Vegas last weekend, and had shots at winning in both of those races, so I'm feeling pretty good at this weekend. My teammate Sterling (Marlin) tested at Atlanta last week, so we have some notes to go off of if we need them."
"Everyone on this Texaco/Havoline team is doing a great job and the results on the race track are proof of it. From our engine shop to the guys that work on the bodies, I feel like we have all the right pieces in place to be a contender on a weekly basis."