No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis ...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis #205 to Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend. This chassis has placed 12th and 39th at Charlotte and 18th at Las Vegas earlier this season.
* Spring Racing at Atlanta: Marlin started the race 31st after a tough qualifying run where the car almost got sideways. Marlin was working his way through the field and was up to 17th when he made his first green-flag pit stop of the race on lap 57. The Coors Light crew made minor adjustments that included fixing the right front fender that had sustained minor damage. Marlin was able to pilot the Coors Light Dodge to a 16th place finish.
* College Football: Sterling will be watching from the sidelines when GA Tech takes on VA Tech on Thursday evening.
* NEXTEL Appearance: Sterling will be appearing at a Macon, GA NEXTEL store on Thursday afternoon to sign autographs and meet his devoted race fans.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's fourth-place finish at Martinsville last weekend elevated him two spots to 19th in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship points.